What's new

Four rock,,,,Im not sure what they are.

johnger1

Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
94
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four rock,,,,I'm not sure what they are.

Four rocks. I thought they looked similiar. The last one is nade of a very hard smokey quartz like substance. Possible fossil?
DSC09001.webpDSC09009.webpDSC09008.webpDSC09007.webpDSC09006.webpDSC09005.webpDSC09004.webpDSC09003.webpDSC09002.webpDSC09010.webp
 
Upvote 0
they resemble a tool used to score bone called a graver.
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Nice finds johnger1!
 
Thanks. Relocated lackawanna co native.
 
I thought you were calling me? LOL yeah looks like some type of tools to me. The first 3 anyway. Ill show you some I have found.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2948.webp
    100_2948.webp
    148 KB · Views: 70
You find some nice stuff. You must have one hell of a collection. I saw your "new field" finds, more great artifacts. I must be doing something wrong. You said the first three look like tools, what do you think the fourth is? If I had to pick the the best of four,it would have been the fourth one. What am I missing?
 
You find some nice stuff. You must have one hell of a collection. I saw your "new field" finds, more great artifacts. I must be doing something wrong. You said the first three look like tools, what do you think the fourth is? If I had to pick the the best of four,it would have been the fourth one. What am I missing?

Well maybe it is due to it being dirty and I cant see the alternation on it. But it looks natural where the other 3 show some workmanship on the due to the type of lithic material they are made from. You would have to clean it with a tooth brush and water and dry it so I can see if there is any use wear on it.
I am just lucky to have a field well actually about 8 fields I have permission to hunt on. Rite now I am waiting for them to get plowed so I am going through all my finds and cherry picking them for the best quality pieces for frames. Id rather be out hunting. Good luck and go back to that spot and look for more. There should be all types of tools in that area.
 
look like scrapers with graver spurs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom