What's new

Framed my best finds

Boringrat

Jr. Member
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
76
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian pottery finds 2012

Frame 1
 

Attachments

  • image-3297627772.webp
    image-3297627772.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 175
  • image-2222913249.webp
    image-2222913249.webp
    72.9 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Nice collection of pottery you've got there.:icon_thumright:
 
I don't think I've seen anyone else post a pottery collection. It reminds me of a case I have. I started putting one or two examples of the different pottery styles, temper,design and clay types.. until I ran out of room....I still have that case but now I have the rest labeled in Tupperware.
 
Looks great! I have some pieces in with my points and a whole shelf in the display cabinet. But most of it is in big mason jars.
 
Mistake..sorry.
 
Last edited:
That is a beautiful frame, well done, love to see the pottery!!
Thanks for sharing it!
BCI
 
Very nice frame. I just dont find much pottery where I hunt and if I do it is usually just plain. I really like the marked pottery you have.
 
Great look Boringrat.

I enjoy seeing the different textures...lines, impressions, striations. It is some small insight into the ancient artizan.

bw
 
Very nice frame. I just dont find much pottery where I hunt and if I do it is usually just plain. I really like the marked pottery you have.

That's the plain pieces I had the go through to find those ones with markings. I have yet to find one arrow head.
 

Attachments

  • image-1458764807.webp
    image-1458764807.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 130
That's the plain pieces I had the go through to find those ones with markings. I have yet to find one arrow head.

If you're finding that much pottery, you'll get an arrowhead or two pretty soon...just takes a little longer sometimes
 
Dang I am just the other direction. Cant find a piece of pottery but find all kinds of flint, mostly broken though. You should be able to find some Mississippian or Woodland points in that area. You are probably in the womens section where the pottery is at. Look till you find no pottery and then look for the points in all directions from where the pottery is.
 
I like that. I frame mine in shadow boxes also. Yours look great. I think the shards are way worthy and make a great display. I have buckets full and probably a whole pot in pieces in some of them. Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom