What's new

Free $1 Coin and Teller Tray Gold and Silver

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Free $1 Coin and Teller Tray Gold and Silver

Yesterday was a good day. I was at the bank turning in some Ikes and I spotted a gold coin in the quarter row. It turned out to be a gold plated (I would guess) 1999 state quarter. Then I spotted a silver dime. It turned out to be a 1946s. I then went to the PO. I had sent in a card that was in the 2008 Red book for a free coin and forgot about it. I opened a envelope and there was a George Washington $1 with a holder. I’ll give it to my grand-daughter for her coin collection. Not a bad day.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_30.webp
    ScreenHunter_30.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0
Does that quarter look like it was gold plated after it was minted (by a company or person) or does it look like it was struck on the $1 planchet by mistake????

Take to a "honest" coin dealer. :)
 
cyberdan said:
Does that quarter look like it was gold plated after it was minted (by a company or person) or does it look like it was struck on the $1 planchet by mistake????

Take to a "honest" coin dealer. :)

It's got a reeded edge, I'm gonna say plated, but still really cool.....
 
cyberdan said:
Does that quarter look like it was gold plated after it was minted (by a company or person) or does it look like it was struck on the $1 planchet by mistake????

Take to a "honest" coin dealer. :)
Good point. It's reeded. Thought I might have a error for a bit. Still a nice coin. They didn't make any pure gold quarters did they.....wishfull thinking...........
 
When the State Quarter Program started there was an add Circulating
for a Free State Quarter that was Gold Plated.
All you needed to do was send them a Postage Stamp.

Once you sent the Stamp they would mail you a letter
Which tried to convince you this was a Very Collectable Quarter
and you still had time to send an order in for a Special Case
for your Quarter in, and get on the list to have each additional
State quarter automatically sent for the very low price of
$9.99 plus postage :P If you refused they shipped your Quarter
in a Tiny plastic bag thrown in with a Flyer.

My guess this was one.
 
Not a bad day at all! I'd be pysched about the 46S ... it is one I need. Free is always good.

Brian
 
kestrelia said:
Not a bad day at all! I'd be pysched about the 46S ... it is one I need. Free is always good.

Brian
Free?..............it cost me a whole dime.........LOL
 
I am waiting for mine from the red book, man that looks cool, I hope mine is cool as yours

JC


awhitster said:
Free $1 Coin and Teller Tray Gold and Silver

Yesterday was a good day. I was at the bank turning in some Ikes and I spotted a gold coin in the quarter row. It turned out to be a gold plated (I would guess) 1999 state quarter. Then I spotted a silver dime. It turned out to be a 1946s. I then went to the PO. I had sent in a card that was in the 2008 Red book for a free coin and forgot about it. I opened a envelope and there was a George Washington $1 with a holder. I’ll give it to my grand-daughter for her coin collection. Not a bad day.
 
dude95307 said:
I am waiting for mine from the red book, man that looks cool, I hope mine is cool as yours

JC


awhitster said:
Free $1 Coin and Teller Tray Gold and Silver

Yesterday was a good day. I was at the bank turning in some Ikes and I spotted a gold coin in the quarter row. It turned out to be a gold plated (I would guess) 1999 state quarter. Then I spotted a silver dime. It turned out to be a 1946s. I then went to the PO. I had sent in a card that was in the 2008 Red book for a free coin and forgot about it. I opened a envelope and there was a George Washington $1 with a holder. I’ll give it to my grand-daughter for her coin collection. Not a bad day.
Thanks, I'm sure it will be.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom