What's new

French Looking Find

Seabiscuit

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
121
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow
Can anybody tell me what this thing is I found at a spot where many civil war relics have been found?
I'm not sure what era it's from.
I think it's made of lead or pewter.
Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • Find front.webp
    Find front.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 302
  • Find back.webp
    Find back.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 301
  • Find.webp
    Find.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Dime & find.webp
    Dime & find.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Find front.webp
    Find front.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Find back.webp
    Find back.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Find.webp
    Find.webp
    55.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Dime & find.webp
    Dime & find.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 299
Floyd,
I'm dying to know what this piece is that you dug. :dontknow:
You had the most unusual find for sure. :thumbsup:
-Doug-
 
Upvote 0
It looks like a bridle rosette with a Fleur de lis, and a very old one at that! Super find :thumbsup:

WELCOME to the forum ;D

Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Not sure what to call it but I wouldn't call it a FDL.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Not sure what to call it but I wouldn't call it a FDL.

Crest of the Prince of Wales...look at the link i put in.
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Iron Patch said:
Not sure what to call it but I wouldn't call it a FDL.

Crest of the Prince of Wales...look at the link i put in.

Sure does look like that crest. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Upvote 0
ModernMiner said:
Dano Sverige said:
Iron Patch said:
Not sure what to call it but I wouldn't call it a FDL.

Crest of the Prince of Wales...look at the link i put in.

Sure does look like that crest. :thumbsup:
-MM-
Close but no cigar.
 
Upvote 0
just a generic floral type pattern, similar to many horse rosette designs
 
Upvote 0
Judging from the attachment points on the back, it is certainly some sort of leather decoration or rosette.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
just a generic floral type pattern, similar to many horse rosette designs

I agree; I think generic fleur de lis 'style.'
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom