What's new

Fresh water lake Round Two

cdv1

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
766
Reaction score
678
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I just couldn't let it go without knowing if I would have found more if I would have had my chest waders. Wow, I'm glad I did it even though it was raining. My very first hit was a fits all junk ring and it didn't stop on my first pass at knee to thigh deep. That was the area just out of reach yesterday. I really wish I had a cam corder cause no one will believe how many targets I had and how frequent.... it must have been every 5 feet on that first pass. I got the normal junk, bobbie pins, hair thingys, sinkers and hooks along with fighting a target that turned out to be a 2' piece of 1/2" rebar! I had trouble working chest deep due to the cold water, I couldn't feel my hands so I had to stay waist deep and shallower. I spent a total of 6 hours in that swimming area and it was a good learning experience. When I thought I had it cleaned up, I went in different directions and came up with more stuff. About 4 hours into the hunt, I struggled with a target that turned out to be two targets close together and I almost didn't see them in the scoop. There under my gutter mesh, I saw a dime and something yellow around it.... turned out to be a small 14k diamond ring. A few feet past that I hit a huge Tungsten Carbide ring. Total ring count for the day was 5 which now is my best day, wish that Tungsten Carbide would have been Platinum or Gold!

Well, I'm sure there is more in there but the weather is going to probably stop any futher searching but I dare it to get up to the 40's this week, I'll be back to see if I can milk any more out of there.

HH all
Cliff
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0429sm.webp
    IMG_0429sm.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 986
  • IMG_0430sm.webp
    IMG_0430sm.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_0431sm.webp
    IMG_0431sm.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,045
Upvote 0
very nice finds again.....i was in a lake on friday...i can relate to the freezing hands when in past waist deep -ouch.... you must have very little competition there or no one else ventures into the water or those that do arent very good hunters...i had several silver earings 2 weeks ago but last friday i got skunked due to the rise of water level from last weeks rains....im sure there are still good finds there to be found...good luck....
 
Nice goin' , CDV 1! :hello2:

Can't wait to see "Round 3" post

Good luck out there

Lorraine
 
Nice gold and silver keepers. :thumbsup:
Congrats to you. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Cliff,
Looks like a sweet spot! Mostly likely a lot more is out there! Maybe get some neoprene scuba gloves, they'll keep your hands warm!!
Congrads on the Gold & Silver!!


SnT
 
You sure found nice place to water. 5 rings in one day is great. The best I ever done was 7. I really like these fresh water hunts....Matt
 
sonic boom

nice tickets and fine yellow.
good luck on your next spin

:thumbsup:
 
Oooooh nice haul, time to bust out the battery powered heated under wader lining!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Hopefully you'll get another crack at it before winter get's into full swing.
 
Congrats on the silver and gold from the lake!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom