SMPress
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2009
- Messages
- 78
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southern Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
So I went to a couple of banks today to dump coins from my first boxes this week.
The machine indicated a full bag almost immediately. I spoke to one woman, while another emptied the bags. She saw that I had a bunch of half dollars, and asked if any of them were from the 60’s. I said no, they are all newer from the last several years of getting them from teller’s trays, yeah, I lied… Anyway, as they pulled out the full bag, the ticket indicated 521 dollars; I noticed that it was full of SILVER! There must have been 400 or more silver coins in that bag! I asked if I could buy it, they said no. They were both looking through the clear plastic as I finished dumping. I asked again if I could buy it, they said no, it has to go to the reserve. As I was standing at the teller window to cash out, they were at a desk in the middle of the bank, and I overheard them talking about going in the back and opening the bag. That really pissed me off!

The machine indicated a full bag almost immediately. I spoke to one woman, while another emptied the bags. She saw that I had a bunch of half dollars, and asked if any of them were from the 60’s. I said no, they are all newer from the last several years of getting them from teller’s trays, yeah, I lied… Anyway, as they pulled out the full bag, the ticket indicated 521 dollars; I noticed that it was full of SILVER! There must have been 400 or more silver coins in that bag! I asked if I could buy it, they said no. They were both looking through the clear plastic as I finished dumping. I asked again if I could buy it, they said no, it has to go to the reserve. As I was standing at the teller window to cash out, they were at a desk in the middle of the bank, and I overheard them talking about going in the back and opening the bag. That really pissed me off!
Upvote
0
I would have made a stink or at least let them know that I heard what they were plotting and then talk to the manager. I think I remember someone having a story where a teller told them that they had no halves and then took the coin right in front of their face and threw it in there drawer. They complained to the manager and the manager awarded the coin to the CRHer. It may have been Rich I am not sure. You will recover but that is a brutal blow.









