Nice.
I would go with east lake yet the scroll work on the lower and the cup says it may be some thing else. Looks french, yet again some declarations that say it could be other. Got some close up photos?? Any maker marks, Photos of under side showing the rough wood areas and so on??
The cup I have no idea on. Have not see that.
Can he tell if it has been refinished at some time. That cup thing may have been added later. It is unusual to me. I am hoping some one else has some experience in furniture. A slower form may be the antiques forum down the main page, yet you may find a more knowledgeable person there.
Possumguts said:
That is what my friend wants to know, what is the cup-like thingie
If I owned this, My wife would have put a plant or even dried flowers for decoration. Being Italian and all my relitives from the "old country" Grandma may have even put one of those Italian marble "Naked Guy/baby" statues there too. Lol..