What's new

Ga points

Beavertail

Full Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2013
Messages
164
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, minelab equinox 800, e-trac,xterra 305, xterra 705, coiltek wot 7.5-18.75 kHz.
Pins these near a river close to my home in central Georgia. Anyone wanna help identify them. They was all in one cache!!! I've been told they are Dalton's, yadkins, and several other types but when you sit them beside the others they aren't even close.
 

Attachments

  • image-3401801335.webp
    image-3401801335.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3762809196.webp
    image-3762809196.webp
    91.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2293719723.webp
    image-2293719723.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Those are some terrific pieces! I strongly agree w/ GTP that they have a paleo look to them. Early paleo pieces on the East Coast- though I'm only familiar w/ Mid Atlantic- have a cruder look than what a lot of folks are used to. I could wrap my head around the Dalton notion. Yes, maybe Yadkin, but the pics need to be clearer to really tell. Too hard to see the flaking patterns. I do see a small flute at the base of the three. The quartz in sunshine-- can't see a thing. I do not think they are as recent as Lavanna. JMHO... Yak
 
And something else for ya. Same field about 45 yards away
 

Attachments

  • image-2605039331.webp
    image-2605039331.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-274476635.webp
    image-274476635.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2145657113.webp
    image-2145657113.webp
    37 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2818268918.webp
    image-2818268918.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3878687873.webp
    image-3878687873.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3550170786.webp
    image-3550170786.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 74
shame that last one has some damage on the side of it.
 
It's actually intact that's just an odd chip. Just a bad angle
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom