What's new

Ga points

Beavertail

Full Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2013
Messages
164
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, minelab equinox 800, e-trac,xterra 305, xterra 705, coiltek wot 7.5-18.75 kHz.
Pins these near a river close to my home in central Georgia. Anyone wanna help identify them. They was all in one cache!!! I've been told they are Dalton's, yadkins, and several other types but when you sit them beside the others they aren't even close.
 

Attachments

  • image-3401801335.webp
    image-3401801335.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 137
  • image-3762809196.webp
    image-3762809196.webp
    91.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2293719723.webp
    image-2293719723.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Pins these near a river close to my home in central Georgia. Anyone wanna help identify them. They was all in one cache!!! I've been told they are Dalton's, yadkins, and several other types but when you sit them beside the others they aren't even close.
Found not pins. Grrrr spellcheck
 
Found not pins
 
Take a look at Alamance and see what you think
 
Will do thanx
 
Very nice finds! :icon_thumleft: Will pair up and display nicely in a frame. Meriwether County? Haven't been up that way in a really long time. A very pretty area of Georgia. Good luck.
 
I'm beginning to think I was incorrect there.. I'm looking into it a bit now that came off the top of my head.
 
After looking into it I'd probably typed those as Levanna.
 
My wife is from Manchester and I used to look for points on a farm in Talbot county. I only found two or three and they were crude quartz ones. I don't know what yours are but they are very, very nice.
 
JMO they look like a Yadkin triangular point and they are related to the Levanna point, I say that because Levanna points are related to the northeast. I know this they are some dang good finds:icon_thumleft:
 
An archaeologist told me he thought they were yadkins to, but when he brought a couple to put beside them there really wasn't any comparison between them. The yadkins had straighter sides and the bottoms weren't as rounded. He said that he is stumpded because the chipping looks paleo. So I have no idea and my father in law pulled a Clovis out of the same area! We have also found banner stones, gorgets, and pottery so it covers a large time frame
 
Lets see some of the other finds from the spot. Im in GA also but the northern section. I find all periods also, if it was a good hunting area with fresh water then everyone wanted that area.
 
That's a awesome group of finds! My opinion they look like Yadkins .
 
Very awesome whatever they are !!!
 
Those are very nice whatever they are. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks everyone
 
Thank you
 
An archaeologist told me he thought they were yadkins to, but when he brought a couple to put beside them there really wasn't any comparison between them. The yadkins had straighter sides and the bottoms weren't as rounded. He said that he is stumpded because the chipping looks paleo. So I have no idea and my father in law pulled a Clovis out of the same area! We have also found banner stones, gorgets, and pottery so it covers a large time frame

They do look like they have a paleo look to them. We need clearer pictures of the flaking at the base and along blade edge and one of the whole point close up and both sides. It looks like possible Tallahatta Quartzite......Thanks for the pictures
 
Will post tomorrow when I get home. Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom