Galena In Quartz (lead in crystal form)

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just gorgeous,, new we had some but the Wife (Spanishblueyes) was Smashing ore for 5 hours and OOOing and AHHHHing, and out pops the first Crystalline Lead sample I've ever held in my hand..lol pretty!

IMG_20130410_215717_709.jpg

Thanks M'dear for your help today!

Apr 7, 2013
Earth
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I enjoyed it. Some of that rock was a real ***** to break, but I won. While that stuff is pretty I love this stuff more. :-D IMAG0739.jpg

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nice specimen! Congrats!
Jim

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusted, that looks similar to some stuff I found and have yet to identify it. Was found near a famous black jade area NE of Victorville, aka Black Jade Mountain. I've never seen anything like it before.
IMAG0756.jpg

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
very nice! ya i hate to bust up some of these rocks... but sometimes what you find inside is SWEET too! you got copper peacock on the lower side, galena in silver at the top and Magnesium in Quartz center... talc on the outer edge .. yup id crack it open...lol

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusted, thank you very much for the info. How confident are you of that analysis? I have no idea what minerals they are yet.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the copper peacock is a regular where i'm mining, the galena I've seen a thousand times just never found on my own till now, the magnesium I see quite regularly also ,, seeing it in crystalline form and in a sulfide form also seem to have found it infused into Granite flow.. witch is the hardest rock I've ever found..the White Talc also known as Sclerosol is common in formations with Copper magnesium, iron pyrite, gold, and rhodium.

The Quartz with the copper peacock (ie copper pyrite or copper Iron Sulfite) forms on aggregate of bornite... Chances on that rock of gold 90% yet it may be in minuscule amounts.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Thanks again. The problem is having the balls to crush these samples considering they are amazing as they are. I think I'll let mine be. I pull enough gold out of the rivers and deserts, no need to ruin these.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions