Garrett GTI 2500 for GOLD Nugett Hunting in AZ or Calif???

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
I had a Garrett CX that someone stole from my garage in the past few days,I never really used it but now i want a new toy lol...
Thinking of getting the Garrett GTI2500,since I will be useing it in the east coast in the Poconos and in Montauk on the beach...
I will be going to different parts of AZ and Calif looking for GOLD,,,will this pickup up any gold???Hate to buy a metal detector that i will only use once a year on the west coast looking for gold nuggets or anything close.........
Will The Garrett GTI pickup GOLD???JohnnyT

Upvote 0

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I don't know a whole lot about the 2500 yet but am contemplating it because they also have a (depth multiplier) two box type of system that can be added for $250.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
I now hear that the whites DFX is better because they have a Program on it that detects gold......Now i am confused.Jt

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Don't overlook Whites MXT. It's a very good all around detector. And being less expensive than the two detectors you're looking at you could get an MXT with an extra coil and lower rod for about the same amount of money. Check it out.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Garrett GTI 2500 will pick up some gold but won't know the other stuff is there. For mainly nuggets and small gold at a good depth you can't beat a Minelab 3500, but they cost $$$. If you want the best, it costs.... However a Gold detector from Tesoro or Fisher will be almost as good and lighter, more useful for other types of detecting, and both have a Lifetime Warranty plus lots less expensive.

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
So your saying I might be making a mistake getting a garrett gti2500?
I go to Calif once a year and would like a decent detector to try to find a nugget.
But I want something good while I am on the east coast looking in Parks and beachs and old towns...JohnnyT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread