Gary Drayton

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Theres probably plenty of information on this site if you are willing to search and ask questions...Hell of a lot cheaper too....Visit the 900 section of your library thats where the history info is.. Plat maps are available at your local courthouse....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out Andy Sabisch books.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Billieg, I suggest you read our rules, several of your posts have violated our rules.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On your return post by our rules.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I received one for Christmas last year, it mostly dealt with technique and he does bloviate throughout soooooooo......"

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Just having Gary swinging his MD on the show has probably brought a ton of new MD'ers into our wonder hobby. It doesn't get any better than that!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
tn_metal_detector.gif
Just having Gary swinging his MD on the show has probably brought a ton of new MD'ers into our wonder hobby. It doesn't get any better than that!
You could be right i have seen more than once that The Curse of Oak Island has the largest viewing audience more than any network show or any cable network show.

OP
OP
B

BrianD

Greenie
Oct 5, 2019
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your reply's. I first found out about him while researching the treasure coast of Florida and lo and behold seems he's done very well in that area.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your reply's. I first found out about him while researching the treasure coast of Florida and lo and behold seems he's done very well in that area.
But...his books mainly pertain to hunting techniques in Florida - and many arent as useful in other areas and they are mostly for Minelab water machines

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all of his books / They cover a lot things in metal detecting.I was quite impressed with them. Example beaches to hunt you do not want to hunt beaches where college kids are. Yes they have jewelry but a lot of there jewelry is costume or fake. Find the beaches where older people go.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some hunters are jealous of Gary's success. He has been able to turn a passion, into a profession. I used to make fun of "Chicago Ron," after his mudlarking special, but he disappeared after his "Clear Choice" dental implant commercials aired. Gary has earned his success.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont know Gary, but i do know Ron, they both are detectorists.. I've been hunting since the 70's on my own, i learned everything on my own and believe me the best Detecting information can be found in the 900 section of your local library and if you want to find things of old you have to know where where you can find this info for your local area and Neither Gary or Ron can help you with that...Learn the ins and outs of your detector then learn where the info is in your library... I personally have around 1000 history type books, bios, many maps and Atlas,s of states and things i am interested in.my library. .I worked for many years on the North Slope of Ak and I do have a home there I have had since 1969. In the winters i read and studied these books and maps. I have haunted old book stores, used interlibrary loan etc. to find what i wanted. Theres a hell of a lot more to Metal Detecting then just turning your machine on.. If you want to be a successful treasure hunter the info is in HISTORY...Dont forget too, the old folks in your town, many of them will be more then glad to share their experiences with you, and that my friends is an often overlooked gold mine... Hope the lights on now for many of you....

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont know Gary, but i do know Ron, they both are detectorists.. I've been hunting since the 70's on my own, i learned everything on my own and believe me the best Detecting information can be found in the 900 section of your local library and if you want to find things of old you have to know where where you can find this info for your local area and Neither Gary or Ron can help you with that...Learn the ins and outs of your detector then learn where the info is in your library... I personally have around 1000 history type books, bios, many maps and Atlas,s of states and things i am interested in.my library. .I worked for many years on the North Slope of Ak and I do have a home there I have had since 1969. In the winters i read and studied these books and maps. I have haunted old book stores, used interlibrary loan etc. to find what i wanted. Theres a hell of a lot more to Metal Detecting then just turning your machine on.. If you want to be a successful treasure hunter the info is in HISTORY...Dont forget too, the old folks in your town, many of them will be more then glad to share their experiences with you, and that my friends is an often overlooked gold mine... Hope the lights on now for many of you....

...:hello2::headbang::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread