2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have had my 140 since 04 works fine, easy to backpack with leaf blower and gas and am amazed how fine of gold it captures

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Was looking at a GB Maverick or a Keene 140. They look about the same size. The Keene is about $100 more expensive, was wondering if it's justified or if there's really no difference between them?

Used about 7 different brands of dry washers... Have to say.. My Keene 140 beats all of them... If it's set up right this will catch the smallest and finest of golds. Very small portable to throw in your back and run up a mountain, yet powerful as hell. Good luck!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is my Big Royal in action. There is not a better built Drywasher than the Royal. Everything is cut, bent, punched, etc. on CNC machines using 0.63 aluminum. Cad plated legs, huge hopper and yes lower in price.

Royal Drywasher (Gold Washer): $479.00
Size of Hopper: 21” x 24”
Size of Recovery Box: 10” x 24”
Aluminum Gauge Size: .063
Hardware: Stainless Steel
Legs, Riffles, Classifier are all made of steel and Zinc plated
Weight: 28 Pounds

Last edited:

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't used any of the others but my GB works great and like anything else if set up correctly and learn how to use it properly they will all be able to capture gold though quality of equipment is important. All of the above mentioned seem to be good products.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
my two cents on drywashers
I think more than anything in drywashing its having good grounds, it doesn't really matter type of machine as everyone is different to each his own.
I happen to like the handcrank type.

and feel mine is second to none, Im fast approaching about 1000 hours on it, it started every time on the first crank.
out side of a patch or two on the bellows and bushings on the crank, im on my 3rd one. ive had no troubles.

If im afraid im not getting all my values I just it run my tails twice, if its moist or locked in dirt, just make row piles and dry it out toss it over a few times with my clam rake, works great. no need to classify as the hopper on the dry washer was made to handle the large rocks, and it aids in the drying process to not classify.
I rake classify every thing down to 2 inch or so, this really gets the air flowng through your material drying it further and breaking up your dirt releasing your values.

Bottom line is you have to have paying grounds to do well in drywashing no matter what machine wet, or dry, power or puffer.......

My keene and some crumbs it recovered.
View attachment 873108 View attachment 873116

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my Big Royal in action. There is not a better built Drywasher than the Royal. Everything is cut, bent, punched, etc. on CNC machines using 0.63 aluminum. Cad plated legs, huge hopper and yes lower in price.

You are blowing gold right out of the riffle tray. Looking at the what the gravels are doing, and listening to the rpms on the blower, your air volume is way to high. Adjust to much lower rpm`s for significantly better recovery.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are blowing gold right out of the riffle tray. Looking at the what the gravels are doing, and listening to the rpms on the blower, your air volume is way to high. Adjust to much lower rpm`s for significantly better recovery.

Nope ~ Did not loose any gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions