GEMS?

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
your best bet is to research the area of which you are looking. they have alot of online help as to which minerals can be found in each state

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a questions for the gods.. or maybe you should have asked: "Where dont I look for gems" I mean one just has to get out and walk paths, search hill sides road cuts and nature centers.. But too, Gem mining can be found all up and down the east coast.. Typically We would venture to NC, VA and many other states just to attend a gem show or actually dig for soemhting.. More often we end up going to a "road side attraction" which sells buckets of stone which you have to sift through.. Mind you we don't mind and often I'm left standing cause I cant sit on those sifting benchies and help others id their stones.. We really havent explored WV that much.. But knoing that there are places along those foot hills anyone can find stuff. just doint go into this thinkign your going to get rich quick.. I mean I can step outside my wife's sisters back door and find unikite, smokey Quartz and mnay others.. Just take a sifting tray and locate a stream and sit for a while sifting there sand and rocks.. as long as you know what your looking for.

Upvote 0

Virginwhore

Nov 14, 2023
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there gems in West Virginia..Where do i look?
100 percent. Beautiful yellow stones, rose quatz, amethyst I could go on and on. Diamonds as well. I am from Boone county. There is so much petrified wood as well as fossils of large animals... The diamonds I've had tested. I want to send my fossils to a nearby college.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions