What's new

gemstones and arrowhead while metal detecting question

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
1,731
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone know of some good sites in Georgia that would be good to hunt gem stones and/or arrowheads while out on some overnight metal detecting trips?
 
Upvote 0
Graves Mountain in Lincolnton Georgia is nice for a gem & crystal hunt and around 30 miles away in Abbeville S.C. is Diamond Hill Crystal Mine that has some great quartz & Amethyst crystals.
 
Last edited:
Graves Mountain in Lincolnton NC is nice for a gem & crystal hunt and around 30 miles away in Abbeville S.C. is Diamond Hill Crystal Mine that has some great quartz & Amethyst crystals.


You mean the Graves Mountain in Lincolnton, Georgia? I live in Lincolnton and have been to Graves a few times. Very cool area.

Pulltabfelix, I've found several arrowheads around Clarks-Hill lake. But, ya ain't supposed to remove them. Once, while digging a hole in my own yard to plant a tree I found an arrow head! I live on this lake btw.
 
Yep, I meant Georgia. I edited my post. Thanks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom