What's new

Geofact?

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in the field where I have found artifacts. Its 2.5 inches square and 1 inch thick. I dont find many grinding stones so when I find something that might be in that area I ask for assistance. I am asking. Goefact or what?
First pic looks ground down with a raised bump, 2nd pic it is really smooth on the other side.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3210.webp
    100_3210.webp
    350.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_3211.webp
    100_3211.webp
    253.2 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
Rock, I can't say for sure, but my gut instinct is this isn't a grinding stone. If it is, she's rough!
 
Yeah I have never seen one like it before. The raised bump kinda threw me to thinking geofact. I was looking for a answer so I can take it back to the rock gods and not have to worry. So no tool then?
 
Looks like a broken mano. Nice find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom