Georgetown

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Perhaps random squiggles on rocks ? Perhaps just old graffiti (white man's or indians) meaning nothing (I mean, nothing in-so-far as treasure goes).

Do you have pix of these "rock symbols" ?

OP
OP
L

LoveSiberians

Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgteown Otter Creek-pics

Yes - F356CCF85F1611DD.jpg EE6C4C245F1611DD-3.jpg 1693AE18804411DD.jpg

The third picture shows what looks like a skull, however we believe it shows the layout of the canyon. I have more pics, but they are too large to upload I would have to send them gmail or figure a way to downsize them. There is a pic of a huge sun with multiple rays, another with a horseshoe and other marks and 2 more pics.

The carvings are at the end of otter creek ( as you the the path from the trailhead) trail next to the stream. They are worn down now, but we suspect they may be old Spanish.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I suspect that they are meaningless old art & graffiti.

Sibmom

Greenie
Jul 31, 2008
I suspect that they are meaningless old art & graffiti.
The symbols have been deeply carved. There has been a lot of mining/miners in this area over a long long span of time. We were suspecting that they may be very very old - maybe a map made by the early Spanish. If you look a Kenworthy's or Mary Carson's books a lot of these symbols sure do fit. We are just trying to figure or where & how.
So my question is why would anyone take the enormous amount of time it would require to do this just for fun?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions