What's new

Get Permission

Cameronstrause

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2016
Messages
34
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you'll go about getting permission to search a farm? I ask because most of the farms in my area do not have a house on them where a land owner would live. How do you contact the land owner or do you just not search a farm if the property owner doesn't live there?
 
Upvote 0
I use my PVA office alot locating peoples timber tracts and trying to track down heirs or stuff in that neighborhood. that would be a good starting point sense alot of land owners might even live in other states and people around that property have never seen or know them.
 
You might have online access to tax (GIS?) PLAT maps for each county in your state. You can click on the area and sometimes get the owners name and address... good luck

like this
Kentucky GIS and Mapping Search Directory
 
I know somebody who knows somebody which by the way took a while to achieve.
 
Go to the nearest house and ask if they know who the land owner is. There is a smart phone app called huntstand that might be worth checking out.
 
I use his too. It will usually give you the owners address. Google search the name of your county and "gis". It will also give other info like the age of homes/permits. I know every county in NC has it.... Kentucky should. If not try the tax office.
 
I go to the tax office and give them the location of the land. Then point it out on the plat map and ask for owners info. Works great for me, then I make a phone call and introduce myself.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom