What's new

Get to know your gas station people!!

Ohiogoldfever

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2020
Messages
871
Reaction score
3,028
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently been chatting up the local gas station attendants. A lady set aside a few pre 64 quarters for me.

Pays to be friendly!!
 
Upvote 0
We don,t have any gas stations as such here anymore,just convenience stores with pump your own.The cashier is never the same from one day to the next,i think they have a high turnover there.
 
I know the guy who runs the small liquor store not far from me in a small town. He has a cigar box behind the counter chocked full of all sorts of goodies... Pre 64, Morgan/Peace dollars, he even had four silver eagles in there some poor chump spent at face to get cheap booze. Just what goes to show what's floating around out there and how some people let it go for little or nothing.
 
It never hurts to ask. Hey if can bother you? I’m a coin collector and I’m always looking for old quarters. Any chance you have any in there that look different or dirty?
 
The attendants here are all educated on the metals. It only takes one teacher.
A bit like the roll hunter in front of me at the bank.

“Hi, I’m looking for any silver coins you may have, you know, ‘pre-1964’ :tongue3: ​coins.”
 
We don,t have any gas stations as such here anymore,just convenience stores with pump your own.The cashier is never the same from one day to the next,i think they have a high turnover there.
They also have security cameras overhead, recording each attendant’s transaction. Sticky fingers are one of the reasons for high turnover.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom