getting back into it with a cob

pigeonman

Jan 29, 2008
Salem NJ
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its been a while since i been out to detect because of health reasons but i had the urge to get up and go. went back to a place from years past where i found my only cob,as i am detecting i am thinking about finding the first one there and within 15 minutes i get a deep hit bout 9-10 inches in the 78-79 range. i see something silver in the dirt and up comes this thick cob,what a rush!!!. found a couple of crusty English coins also during the hunt too.its amazing to me to pull something out of the ground so old and historic.

Attachments

• DSC_7790.JPG
    DSC_7790.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_7791.JPG
    DSC_7791.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_7792.JPG
    DSC_7792.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_7789.JPG
    DSC_7789.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 20
Wow very cool find. Congrats! Looks like the stars were aligned perfectly for you.

Wow congrats it doesn't get much better than that!!! What a way to get back into it! Amazing!

:occasion14: Great new start!

Freakin awesome find I would pass out if I ever found one but not for too long so no one would take it lol

Last edited:
1690's to 1720's 1 0r 2 real, mexico mint. I think it's a two real. Pretty decent land find, and looks like someone considered seperating it at one point.

Beautiful coin. What a welcome back find, one that is high on my bucket list. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back