What's new

Getting paranoid... Golden Silver, do you have room in the jail for me too?

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
My dump bank tellers started acting very weird on me yesterday when I went to dump halves.

Previously I had filled out the forms to deposit it and immediately withdraw those funds but was told it was not necessary and for several months now they have just counted out the cash and handed it to me.

Today the teller insisted on writing out the forms and deposit slips. My first indication something was up.

The second was he seemed very intent on doing this EXACTLY by the book. He checked my account info 4 times and counted the money 3 times by hand and 2 more times with the cash counting machine before handing it to me.

Following my own advice, I tell the truth when asked where I get my coins and what I am doing. Most of the time I am vague, but I never lie about it and when/if pressed, I always tell them I am a coin collector. At this bank, I have been asked those standard questions many times and they have pretty much stopped trying to solicit information from me as I always say the same thing. This same teller has already asked me and been told the truth, yet today he had to ask me again. He seemed to not really even care what I said as if my response wasn't for his ears anyway.

I was already getting nervous about the strange treatment and this sent my "spidy senses" into overdrive.

I also noticed a man standing behind my teller pretending to work on something. He seemed very innocuous there, but I noticed that all the other tellers would scurry past him with out so much as smiling or looking up, which is very out of place for this bank. Usually they seem to (at least pretend to) get along well with pretty much everybody and it is not uncommon at all for a teller to greet every other teller with a smile and a hello pretty much all day long, yet none of them even acknowledged this fellow trying so had to not be noticed as he stood directly behind my teller.

There was no line so I didn't feel rushed to make room for the next customer. I picked a sucker out of the candy jar and made small talk with my teller, all the while watching the guy stand behind him. This guy just stood there, half bent over staring blankly into a cabinet that he was supposed to be pretending to be working on something I guess. Not once in the 20 minutes I had been in there had he actually done anything but stare into that cabinet...

As I walked out I expected to see him trying to casually walk up behind me but he didn't. He did stand up and start talking to my teller as I saw this in the mirrored doors just before I exited the bank.


Once outside I stopped to talk to the security guard who seemed thoroughly bored and at least a little relieved to have someone at least say hey to him. Afterward I slowly walked to my car and got in. I kept expecting to see some goons in bad suits walking up to me but it never happened.

I cranked the car up and sat there for another minute at least, waiting on something to happen. Nothing ever did.


I keep telling myself that maybe the teller just had a wild hair up his behind or something and the guy standing back there was just some technician but I cant help but wonder if something is up and I get to enjoy six months of some dumb ass rummaging through my trash and checking my internet usage and phone records.
 
Upvote 0
As for the debt.....much longer than that. As for the bills he has passed i can easily see the next guy in office reversing it.

As for it passing, it probably will as people tend to see the shorter end of the spectrum and ignore the events that will unfold.....

On another note i hear Canada's nice this time of year =P
 
i hope i am wrong, but i see something in some form being cramed through. guess we will all know sunday. if they dont have the votes they will just stall until they do and strongarm the na votes to yea.
 
alpha105 said:
As for the debt.....much longer than that. As for the bills he has passed i can easily see the next guy in office reversing it.

As for it passing, it probably will as people tend to see the shorter end of the spectrum and ignore the events that will unfold.....

On another note i hear Canada's nice this time of year =P

Haha Canada is awesome most of the year. I love fishing and they have plenty of it. Unfortunately if you plan to go up there due to health reform passing here you may be in trouble seeing as how so many canadians have to come here for health care due to their health care reform. Hmmm, I wonder where the heck we are gonna go for ours then if we do the same thing?
 
On health care debate,
Yeah I know that people don't like the idea of people forced to get health insurance but are you insured yourself? I thought in my 20's that I never needed health insurance and thought I'm too healthy to get sick. If I thought I ate crappy food, I'd just go to the gym to work it off. Now, flashforward, I really do need insurance in case I have pay $50,000 for some hospitalization. My hospital charged $1800 twice to my deductible for a chest and pelvis 10 minute CT scan. They did it all in one shot and had the nerve to charge it as two different CT scans. The whole healthcare system here is a joke and a scam! I GUARANTEE THIS, YOU WON'T REALIZE IT UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO YOU!!! I wonder what the Republicans will think if any of them did get cancer and their insurance didn't want to pay for the latest expensive treatments to stay alive? Scary but you won't realize it until it happens to you.
My mother had a hospitalization last year for 5150 W&I (CA Welfare & institutions code for crazy and must be evaluated) and her insurance didn't want to pay. Making her go through hoops and latters. The hospitalization for 1.5 weeks was $73,000 for someone without insurance. It's good thing that she's old enough that she has Medicare insurance. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge someone for $73,000 for 1.5 weeks. In Japan, they'd charge people $10 per night at a hospital.

My friend (33 yo) told had that he had a growth in lets say most private area for two years. He said it just kept growing little by little. He was out of a job at the time and was scared to see a doctor fearing the costs. He finally did get a job later and so got insurance to get it seen. He just told me this recently as he just had surgery to get it taken out. He had been hiding this for two years and was too embarassed. He even had to lie to the insurance that the growth started after he got the job because the insurance would've denied him due to pre-existing conditions. Luckily for him, it turned out to be benign.

Another friend's roommate (39 yo) had nearly died from a heart problem. He smoked, drank, and ate like crap for years. My friend found him on the ground of their apartment unable to move. Long story short, he had to have emergency heart surgery to save his life. The bill was over $200,000. He had no insurance and his credit is shot. He gets bills in the mail for it all the time and doesn't even open it.

I don't know for certain whether the Obama plan will turn out good or bad or whether it passes but let's face it the healthcare system here sucks. People think well if we pay doctors less, then no one would want to be a doctor. Well then, why do people still want to be teachers since they get paid so little. Well do people want to be cops or fireman? Some people do certain jobs because of the passion they have for it and not always for the money. I really wished they do health insurance reform but I'm dissappointed the Democrats don't want to touch it. They should make all the health insurance non-profit or just plain government run healthcare. The government will not deny you of your coverage where insurance companies have and people died. This is one industry that should not be privatized. The insurance is just one unnessary middle man that has to have their hand in the pot. The doctors, the hospitals, healthcare administrations, drug companies, & the insurance all have their hands in the pot to pass on the cost to you. Think of it this way.. for those who think this is socialism. Some things are socialist or government run in our society like law enforcement. Imagine if law enforcement was privatized and for profit. Cops getting bonuses the more tickets they gave out. They would never let anyone they didn't know go or would provide less house calls and service time for other calls if they could be out giving tickets for bonuses. HEALTH CARE IN AMERICA SUCKS.

Even if you have insurance through a job, you develope a serious condition somehow (ie cancer, lyme disease, HIV, or something chronic), you could get fired for being sick. You would lose your insurance and can't apply for new insurance because you have pre-existing condition. SO IS THAT FAIR?

Sorry about the long novel but my health hadn't been the best over the last few months and these are my two cents worth. We're not always going to be healthy our whole lives. At some point all of us will have to deal with these issues sooner or later. Stay healthy my friends.
 
Does bad crap happen to good people? Yes, unfortunately that is life. Should a man who has insurance through a job, who then loses his job, not be able to get insurance again with a new job due to preexisting conditions? NO that is just bs if it wasnt his fault on the job loss. Should your friends roomate who ate bad and drank and partied it up who never got insurance be screwed today due his past choices? I guess that is personal opinion, but i can say with a straight face that i sure as heck dont want my taxes increased to pay for his health problems when he didnt take personal responsibility for himself. I didnt enjoy drink and live it up. 200,000 sucks, but why should others be forced to pay for his actions?

The fact is when you say you "dont know if it will turn out good or bad" shows you havent read it.Just read it and think logically about it. Im not republican nor democrat. I fall right down the middle.I think bush was an oil seeking warmonger who wanted to give his best buddy a huge iraqi rebuilding contract. Obama wants the destruction of the United states of america. Im independant and self reliant. The good ideas you mentioned above do not get fixed by his proposal. The only thing that changes is govt will force people by law to pay for health care even if they do not want it, and force people who work to pay for people who cant afford it. So once again the hard working american foots the bill. Another bill. As though we dont have enough.

SFbay ---I have one serious question for ya though. You said--" They should make all the health insurance non-profit or just plain government run healthcare." The question is.. Knowing "they" have taken social security taxes from our paychecks for decades to hold our hands and make sure we had money saved for our older non working years, since we are to stupid to do it ourselves. Then they turn around and spend all of that money on other things, namely to buy votes for themselves, and bankrupt social security... and knowing that medicaid which is also run by "they" has over a trillion dollars in unpaid liability... WHAT in the world makes you believe "they" could run health care for everyone without it being an epic failure? They cant run one tiny part of it already. They steal money from our paychecks and spend on themselves. You now are willing to just trust them that they will steal more money from our paychecks and make our health care better? Even though its probably a 1000 times more complex and large than either of the 2 they have bankrupted i mentioned.

If you can answer those 2 questions seriously, i will buy whatever you want to sell.

And sorry again for this thread getting off subject. I will take any other politics to pms from this point.
 
JD-GA said:
Does bad crap happen to good people? Yes, unfortunately that is life. Should a man who has insurance through a job, who then loses his job, not be able to get insurance again with a new job due to preexisting conditions? NO that is just bs if it wasnt his fault on the job loss. Should your friends roomate who ate bad and drank and partied it up who never got insurance be screwed today due his past choices? I guess that is personal opinion, but i can say with a straight face that i sure as heck dont want my taxes increased to pay for his health problems when he didnt take personal responsibility for himself. I didnt enjoy drink and live it up. 200,000 sucks, but why should others be forced to pay for his actions?

The fact is when you say you "dont know if it will turn out good or bad" shows you havent read it.Just read it and think logically about it. Im not republican nor democrat. I fall right down the middle.I think bush was an oil seeking warmonger who wanted to give his best buddy a huge iraqi rebuilding contract. Obama wants the destruction of the United states of america. Im independant and self reliant. The good ideas you mentioned above do not get fixed by his proposal. The only thing that changes is govt will force people by law to pay for health care even if they do not want it, and force people who work to pay for people who cant afford it. So once again the hard working american foots the bill. Another bill. As though we dont have enough.

SFbay ---I have one serious question for ya though. You said--" They should make all the health insurance non-profit or just plain government run healthcare." The question is.. Knowing "they" have taken social security taxes from our paychecks for decades to hold our hands and make sure we had money saved for our older non working years, since we are to stupid to do it ourselves. Then they turn around and spend all of that money on other things, namely to buy votes for themselves, and bankrupt social security... and knowing that medicaid which is also run by "they" has over a trillion dollars in unpaid liability... WHAT in the world makes you believe "they" could run health care for everyone without it being an epic failure? They cant run one tiny part of it already. They steal money from our paychecks and spend on themselves. You now are willing to just trust them that they will steal more money from our paychecks and make our health care better? Even though its probably a 1000 times more complex and large than either of the 2 they have bankrupted i mentioned.

If you can answer those 2 questions seriously, i will buy whatever you want to sell.

And sorry again for this thread getting off subject. I will take any other politics to pms from this point.

1.) About the guy who smoked, drank, and ate crappy. Of course in my mind that contributed to his condition but his heart condition was actually genetic. His mom had the same condition. They were both born with 2 layers in their heart valves instead of 3 for normal people. He actually didn't know that until he had that heart attack where he had to get emergency heart surgery. He has the same condition as Arnold Schwartzenegger with his heart (you can wikipedia it if you'd like). He would've had to deal with it sooner or later. Even if he had insurance, I'm sure they'd probably wait for a day approval to get it done. If the Obama plan passed, he would've been forced to get insurance and would've been covered mostly. My point is not nessarily saying that you need to pay for him but to say that the insurance industry is evil and needs reform. There needs to be regulation so people don't get ripped off since you can't put prices on people's lives (just seems wrong). Why is so much cheaper for even just a flu shot in another country? The health care reform would increase taxes for the wealthy but not for median income households so I'm guessing that you're in that tax bracket? If you are in the upper income bracket, you probably have insurance so you wouldn't be forced to get it if you already have it? Right? So that part would not effect you.

2.) I understand that the government does waste tax dollars all the time (ie 80's star wars program & Iraq war). I say that I don't know how it's going to turn out since I'm not Nastradamus. I'm sure that Bush Jr. thought that we would march into Iraq and Iraqis would love us and we would be seen as world wide heroes. I'm sure in congress believed that too. We're still there to this day. The U.S. government should've taken over the oil fields and held the oil to pay the god-awful war but our image abroad matters so we don't. Chaney gives it to Haliburton and we ran into deep debt. Under Bush, they even considered putting social security into the stock market (YIKES). But getting to the point. However if you look at health care in other countries that are democracies (ie England and Japan), the government runs the health care. If it can be done elsewhere why can't it be done here? In Germany, everyone is required to get insurance but all the insurance companies are non-profit unlike here so there's no interest in raising people's monthly payments to meet profits. The insurances are very affordable too in Germany. One difference is that doctors in these countries obviously don't make as much as the ones here but by no means are poor. However remember in many of these countries, people also get FREE college. You ask yourself what's more important? A few doctors making more money or the health of the society as a whole? In order to reform the system, someone suffers be it the doctors making less money, the insurance making less money, or people paying up the roof for care. Which would you rather perfer? Unless you're a doctor or insurance agent. :o The government will not deny your coverage because they're the government and not out to make a profit off you. If they run into problems, they just print more money. How do you think was the Iraq war funded? It's unfortunate but that's what they'll do since they've been doing it for a long time. When it comes to paying off the debt, it won't happen since there's too many special interest. No one wants to cut programs (they should for welfare) or raise taxes. Hence save your silver because inflation is coming.

A lot of Republicans can be pro-life which I understand. However if you're pro-life you should be for be quality of care and affordability for everyone who is alive instead of insurance companies making a killing off of people's health. I hope you realize that health insurance company employees make bonuses off of not paying for coverage. The more you deny people, the more you save the company, the more profits, the bigger your bonus. If you don't believe me look it up. If you've ever had to have some emergency procedure or serious condition. If it has a large bill, they will do everything in their power to deny it and that includes a comprehensive review of your past health history for a reason to deny it. This is all for greed. If you make them non-profit, there would be less reason to deny people. The insurance industry believe me right now is far from going into the red. Blue Cross of California had a 2 Billion dollar profit last year but are raising rates? :icon_scratch: This just seems wrong!!! If there's no regulation or laws to protect the public, people will abuse the system for their own benefit. Remember when they didn't have employment laws in the 1800's? People worked like they were in sweat shops.

I can't say how this plan will turn out but I really believe in health reform. You may be healthy now but you don't know how things will be in 10, 20, or 40 years. Anyone of us could face a serious condition somewhere down the line. We don't live forever. I just don't want have to deal this awful system when I do. Sorry for the off topic discussion for CRHer's.. I just feel passionate about it due to my own health concerns.
 
alpha105 said:
obediah said:
alpha105 said:
obediah said:
we ALL will be required to pay payroll tax weekly

Explain
This "reform" creates a new TAX bureaucracy and PAYROLL deduction; we will all be required to have health insurance to live in America! This is NOT so much free health care for all but another TAX & control scheme, and I'm really spooked by the tentacles myself!.

I know of the required health insurance....but what extra taxes....i havnt seen anything on that
This law "reform" requires all of US tro carry health insurance and the Gov is in charge of charging US our premiums- this is why our Bank accounts will be directly linked to the new Gov run bureaucracy and Payroll Tax Deduction; this is NOT a free healthcare system- we all will be paying for it, yes it will be free sorta to the super poor- you know those that have nothing to start with, but if your not in the age bracket & o r have a condition tooo expensive to treat you will DIE by bureaucratic decree and it will be a crime for a Doctor to treat you!
 
"I have reported her to DSS for selling sex from her house while my kids were down there for visitation and they wouldn't touch her. "

Don't let the kids around this woman unsupervised. Do a google search on Shaniya Davis to see what can happen in this world.
 
JD-GA said:
alpha105 said:
obediah said:
alpha105 said:
obediah said:
we ALL will be required to pay payroll tax weekly

Explain
This "reform" creates a new TAX bureaucracy and PAYROLL deduction; we will all be required to have health insurance to live in America! This is NOT so much free health care for all but another TAX & control scheme, and I'm really spooked by the tentacles myself!.

I know of the required health insurance....but what extra taxes....i havnt seen anything on that

Alpha I dont think youve read the bill yet. If you have only heard things about the bill from television you have only heard the parts the media are letting out. This thing is so full of misery its like a slap stick comedy only its not funny. Let me share a few so you dont need to read up on it.

1)Individuals forced to pay for healthcare weather you want it or not.
2)Businesses will be heavily fined for not offering healthcare(bye bye more jobs)
3)Indivduals who dont pay for health care will be fined. These people are caught, and fined by the IRS. So once again those who dont pay taxes will also not pay for health insurance, or the fines, but will be provided emergency care by all the other peoples expenses who are paying taxes.
4)New taxes and new mandated health insurance fees will be taken immediately once the bill goes into effect. But you will not have access to any new health care for 4 years.
5)Billions of dollars to fund this is coming from medicaid, which already has over a trillion dollars in unfunded liability. Its like you owing a million dollars, and have 0 dollars, and i tell the world everying is going to be ok because im going to borrow some money from you.
6)30 million new people with health coverage, 0 new doctors to pick up the new onslaught of people, and the government wants to pay doctors less. This will cause the doctor number to decline further.

If you want any proof as this being true instead of speculation just look up the fact that walgreens in washington state today just announced they will except no new medicare/ medicaid patients due to low govt payout. The only thing this HCR does is give obama a stiffy and allows him to think even higher of himself.

Doh sorry for the hijack.

Don't forget, amnesty for all illegals is next on the agenda. They will be extended health care at your expense (taxes).
 
Although I've suspended more or less my CRH activities for the time being this forum remains one of the most interesting.
I believe that GS posted the DHS assesment of potential American troublemakers. I suppose that CRHers although not named would be included because generally they don't trust the almighty dollar.
I'm sure that CRH activity is being scrutinized, by whoever.
So what is one to do?
Keep hitting those banks ! Harvest that silver! Redouble your efforts for the time thats is left to get it.
As for the watchers, they can go .... themselves :laughing7:
HH
Rich
PS
Now that I mentioned CRH I can feel free to add to the health care bit. I lived in Europe for several years and the welfare healthcare was great. The doctors were great too. That's because they don't allow some Ubangi doctor into the country who got his medical degree from some mud hut and gives you a script for ju-ju beads and holy candles. But you can bet your ass that's what we will get here.
Sure Europe has great socialized medicine but it's not really free. They tax you to death, and they are going broke too. Just my 2 cents.
 
You are not doing anything illegal, and if you have an account there it should not matter. The worst they can do is start charging you - at that point just switch banks. I've been doing this for over a year, and the dozen banks I deal with all know what I do. Of course that limits my handroll scores to outlying banks, but my "volume banks" are all in the know.

Go back again and see if he's still acting like that, and then ask him if there's a problem because "you'd hate to put your favorite teller in an awkward position" :-)

My two cents and pocket lint... ???
 
chow said:
You are not doing anything illegal, and if you have an account there it should not matter. The worst they can do is start charging you - at that point just switch banks. I've been doing this for over a year, and the dozen banks I deal with all know what I do. Of course that limits my handroll scores to outlying banks, but my "volume banks" are all in the know.

Go back again and see if he's still acting like that, and then ask him if there's a problem because "you'd hate to put your favorite teller in an awkward position" :-)

My two cents and pocket lint... ???
Tellers are to boil it down semi Federal agents, they are REQUIRED under penalty to report suspicious activity and that activity is defined by the Feds, and get this a Teller MUST remain silent they also can be prosecuted for divulging Federal secrets to customers which is anything about Homeland inSecurity Teller guidelines for reporting. I've one Teller who is probably too friendly with me for her own good- she could get in big trouble for things she has said to me in regard to SAR reporting requirements, and I could but won't go on on this vein.

We are in FACT living in an escalating Police State environment- most of US are just submitting allowing it to grow around US. It did NOT happen overnite in Germany but over a number of years after they elected the National Socialist Workers Party, i.e. NAZI Party, by time they realized where they were at they were for all intensive purposes, in a national Prison Camp- we will wake up too late too, it is well under way now.
 
Be careful and alert.

Even though your not doing anything illegal, it can be twisted around on you.

Was going to say something else but got sidetracked reading about healthcare reform ;D

Anyhow, good luck :wink:
 
It is not conspiracy. It is normal for tellers to get audited from time to time
and it is also normal for tellers to get the procedures checked from time to time too.

A person inspector or auditor or manager stands behind the teller watching all the moves and taking notes.

It is complete normal.

There is not a UFO theory here.

I work at a bank and I know about these procedures.

Darth Walker
 
Darth Walker said:
It is not conspiracy. It is normal for tellers to get audited from time to time
and it is also normal for tellers to get the procedures checked from time to time too.

A person inspector or auditor or manager stands behind the teller watching all the moves and taking notes.

It is complete normal.

There is not a UFO theory here.

I work at a bank and I know about these procedures.

Darth Walker

Maybe you can tell us what happened to all the silver the last 3 months. Any buzz????? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: ???
 
It is a cycle. Comes and goes.

Also you may have the chance of getting you own rejects if the Fereral Reserve area is the same.

Darth Walker
 
Ok, darth I will play too. I will shake the eight ball so to speak. Will The Dems lose the majority in November?

Golden Silver
 
been earning "side money" by CRHing silver and selling it in say small $500 dollar amounts several times a year? -- uncle sam might just want to know if your "declaring" that --income on yer taxes --- its uncle sam's IRS's mission to find all your sources of "income" and make sure taxes are paid on it -- USA govt rule #1--- find ALL SOURCES OF INCOME AND TAX THEM. --PEROID --- USA govt rule #2 --find those who hide income from taxation --- then hammer them taking all you can from them ( unless their rich enough to know the legal "loop holes"---ie the mega rich )
 
ivan salis said:
been earning "side money" by CRHing silver and selling it in say small $500 dollar amounts several times a year? -- uncle sam might just want to know if your "declaring" that --income on yer taxes --- its uncle sam's IRS's mission to find all your sources of "income" and make sure taxes are paid on it -- USA govt rule #1--- find ALL SOURCES OF INCOME AND TAX THEM. --PEROID --- USA govt rule #2 --find those who hide income from taxation --- then hammer them taking all you can from them ( unless their rich enough to know the legal "loop holes"---ie the mega rich )

Well if you make less than the taxable amount around 8500 last year as I did last year you do not have to worry about owning taxes on all you sold on FleaBay.
 
obediah said:
ivan salis said:
been earning "side money" by CRHing silver and selling it in say small $500 dollar amounts several times a year? -- uncle sam might just want to know if your "declaring" that --income on yer taxes --- its uncle sam's IRS's mission to find all your sources of "income" and make sure taxes are paid on it -- USA govt rule #1--- find ALL SOURCES OF INCOME AND TAX THEM. --PEROID --- USA govt rule #2 --find those who hide income from taxation --- then hammer them taking all you can from them ( unless their rich enough to know the legal "loop holes"---ie the mega rich )

Well if you make less than the taxable amount around 8500 last year as I did last year you do not have to worry about owning taxes on all you sold on FleaBay.


How can you survive on 8500 per year income? That is only a little over 700 per month income. Unless someone is paying your rent and living expenses, that almost seems impossible.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom