What's new

Getting paranoid... Golden Silver, do you have room in the jail for me too?

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
My dump bank tellers started acting very weird on me yesterday when I went to dump halves.

Previously I had filled out the forms to deposit it and immediately withdraw those funds but was told it was not necessary and for several months now they have just counted out the cash and handed it to me.

Today the teller insisted on writing out the forms and deposit slips. My first indication something was up.

The second was he seemed very intent on doing this EXACTLY by the book. He checked my account info 4 times and counted the money 3 times by hand and 2 more times with the cash counting machine before handing it to me.

Following my own advice, I tell the truth when asked where I get my coins and what I am doing. Most of the time I am vague, but I never lie about it and when/if pressed, I always tell them I am a coin collector. At this bank, I have been asked those standard questions many times and they have pretty much stopped trying to solicit information from me as I always say the same thing. This same teller has already asked me and been told the truth, yet today he had to ask me again. He seemed to not really even care what I said as if my response wasn't for his ears anyway.

I was already getting nervous about the strange treatment and this sent my "spidy senses" into overdrive.

I also noticed a man standing behind my teller pretending to work on something. He seemed very innocuous there, but I noticed that all the other tellers would scurry past him with out so much as smiling or looking up, which is very out of place for this bank. Usually they seem to (at least pretend to) get along well with pretty much everybody and it is not uncommon at all for a teller to greet every other teller with a smile and a hello pretty much all day long, yet none of them even acknowledged this fellow trying so had to not be noticed as he stood directly behind my teller.

There was no line so I didn't feel rushed to make room for the next customer. I picked a sucker out of the candy jar and made small talk with my teller, all the while watching the guy stand behind him. This guy just stood there, half bent over staring blankly into a cabinet that he was supposed to be pretending to be working on something I guess. Not once in the 20 minutes I had been in there had he actually done anything but stare into that cabinet...

As I walked out I expected to see him trying to casually walk up behind me but he didn't. He did stand up and start talking to my teller as I saw this in the mirrored doors just before I exited the bank.


Once outside I stopped to talk to the security guard who seemed thoroughly bored and at least a little relieved to have someone at least say hey to him. Afterward I slowly walked to my car and got in. I kept expecting to see some goons in bad suits walking up to me but it never happened.

I cranked the car up and sat there for another minute at least, waiting on something to happen. Nothing ever did.


I keep telling myself that maybe the teller just had a wild hair up his behind or something and the guy standing back there was just some technician but I cant help but wonder if something is up and I get to enjoy six months of some dumb ass rummaging through my trash and checking my internet usage and phone records.
 
Upvote 0
the tax man can look at what you got and your life style and tell you want you earn to a tee.

if you are indeed really at a mere 700 per month income --you are well below the federal "poverty line" the amount of income that one needs to be able to "live" on -- to get by -- I mean bare bones basic existance in this case.

unless some one supprts you or you live commune style --(pooled resources)---you must be one heck of a live off the land type.
 
ivan salis said:
unless some one supprts you or you live commune style --(pooled resources)---you must be one heck of a live off the land type.


This is kind of like coin roll hunting, most people who do it just don't talk about it because it invites others to talk about you.

I will say that is is very easy to live on next to nothing if you have the determination to do it. I will say you absolutely have to have your priorities in order.

When I was married I made 80,000 to 100,000 a year.

My ex wife demanded a new car every other year, new clothes every week, new shoes, money to spend, etc. She got a job, but wouldn't contribute any of her income to helping the family, so it fell on me to pay for daycare for the kids, which ran around 220 a week.

After the divorce I found that I could pay all the bills with one paycheck and truly realized what keeping her sorry ass up for all those years had cost me. Today I make on average about a tenth what I used to make when I was married. Other than not having a financial black hole living with me in the form of a money grubbing woman, everything is the same.

I still have the kids here and still pay the mortgage payment and the light bill, etc. My daughter still pesters me about money for makeup and new shoes and a new kind of shampoo every week. My son still eats like he is starving (puberty is a bitch....lol). The only difference is the "skank" is not here.

On a side note, one evening with nothing else to do, I figured out what she had cost me for the 7 years of our marriage and divided it by the number of times she gave me sex, and you know what? It would have been cheaper, far far cheaper to get on a plane and fly first class to Nevada, spend 1000 on a high priced call girl and fly back. Seriously, if I had done that I would have SAVED money.

Not that I am like that, its just an example of how much it cost me to be married.
 
as a man your going to wind up paying fer sex one way or another , famous words my grandpa told me long ago --as usual gramps was right --my first ex cost me much more than mere money -- ( but she cost me a butt load of cash as well) -- happily I found a real gem in my second wife. --a woman who actually cares about me and my welfare not just how much she can "squeeze" outta me .
 
jim4silver said:
obediah said:
ivan salis said:
been earning "side money" by CRHing silver and selling it in say small $500 dollar amounts several times a year? -- uncle sam might just want to know if your "declaring" that --income on yer taxes --- its uncle sam's IRS's mission to find all your sources of "income" and make sure taxes are paid on it -- USA govt rule #1--- find ALL SOURCES OF INCOME AND TAX THEM. --PEROID --- USA govt rule #2 --find those who hide income from taxation --- then hammer them taking all you can from them ( unless their rich enough to know the legal "loop holes"---ie the mega rich )

Well if you make less than the taxable amount around 8500 last year as I did last year you do not have to worry about owning taxes on all you sold on FleaBay.


How can you survive on 8500 per year income? That is only a little over 700 per month income. Unless someone is paying your rent and living expenses, that almost seems impossible.

Jim

Own home rent room to pay Utilities, grow Garden, and generally live simply. Way I see it with the new Socialist HCR Obama just signed anyone who makes over 14K a year will have to pay a new & heavy tax, I fully intend to just stay officially poor- there is no longer an incentive left in US to get or try to get ahead; America is dead, long live AmeriKa! Yeah have heard gardens will be licensed too, guess will deal with that when it happens too. Oh and that is each person 8,500 if you have spouse that figure is doubled, tax free.

P.s. When was raising the kids worked PT on purpose and Gov (via EIC) paid me to do it, paid no taxes, had 4 deductions worked enough to maximize EIC.
 
ivan salis said:
as a man your going to wind up paying fer sex one way or another , famous words my grandpa told me long ago --as usual gramps was right --my first ex cost me much more than mere money -- ( but she cost me a butt load of cash as well) -- happily I found a real gem in my second wife. --a woman who actually cares about me and my welfare not just how much she can "squeeze" outta me .
That my friend is the key to life, a good woman that loves you and not the money- security she can get off ya!
 
Getting back to the topic at hand, I have a suggestion (I do this all the time for various reasons).

Got a video camera? You don't even need a vhs tape. Set your video camera up where you can see the areas you are concerned about, like your garbage cans (to see if someone is "fishing).

A little slice of dirt (by pressing in a shovel), will make a perfect line to press in the wiring and run it to an extra tv in your house. If you want, you can hook up a dvd player or whatever, to watch and record, but you don't have to). Put the tv (and set up the camera) onto channel 4 - so it doesn't interfere with anything else, and you have your own monitor. (and recorder, if necessary), and you can watch it from the comfort of your own home. Remember, don't dig a ditch for the wire, just press a slit in the ground, press the wire in, and make sure the grass or dirt comes back together - walk over it a few times, it will be invisible.

You can set the camera up anywhere - we have used the barn window, the horse trailer window and shelf with a barrel with a hole in it (and what is neat is that it automatically focuses).

Then, you can tell if anyone is messing around your place.

Also - don't be sneaky about what you do for a hobby. Ever since 9/11, we have been the "victims" of our own homeland security. Don't give them any reason to take it up a few notches.

Beth
 
I once sold a old truck to someone.. that paid me with all quarters $500.00.. I also felt that strange feeling when i cashed them in at the bank...Oh well prob thought i owned a vending machine ..lol
 
mrs.oroblanco said:
Also - don't be sneaky about what you do for a hobby. Ever since 9/11, we have been the "victims" of our own homeland security. Don't give them any reason to take it up a few notches.

Beth
They (the Feds) are doing the ratcheting it up all on their own, that Christian Militia- Hutaree is perfect example, as it turns out the FBI it appears created the whole thing, heard back in August a leader who was arrested supposedly interviewed on Alex Jones who told him then he thought he was a Fed & predicted then exactly what happened this week- he played the interview today- it sounded almost prophetic, bet that was the FBI provocateur who led the whole thing. Who in their right mind is gonna declare war on the police, what kinda plan is that anyway, sounds ridiculous to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom