What's new

Give away my 40% halves?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Is $1.50 each a good sale? Or is it worthwhile to hold them for the long run? I noticed that my local refinery won't buy clad silver coin, and I don't care to deal on line with evil-bay.
My local coin shop/jeweler will pay $1.50 for alloy halves and said he'd trade up for his 90%.

AMC
 
Upvote 0
AMC,

Where I am at that is not a good deal at all. I would shop around. Of Course, that might be your best bet for miles around, but I would explore more options, even ones online.

With silver at $17.78 today then you should get about $2.32 each if they pay you 92% of their melt value.

Figure it like this $17.78 x .712 x 40% x 92% x .5 = $2.32

Thats spot x silver content per coin x how much of coin is silver x their profit (8%) divided by two = what you should get for each 40% half.

This is a great site for Silver coin info.

http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

Search around the site all kinds of useful info.

Hope this helps.

CLXinTX
 
I have been paying $2 each for them here, and take them by mail, or I take them for trade and give people back .999 fine gold coins. the rate is apx two rolls per 10th ounce of gold at current market. not a bad deal for people who find them, thats gold at about $200 face value per ounce of %40s
I give a better rate for 90%ers
I used to just melt them down but now Fortunately I have "investors" that like the %40s and will pay a decent price for them. This offer is only good at current market mid april 2008, it changes all the time what I will take and offer depending on demand.

thanks,

David
 

Attachments

  • CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 330
  • CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    CLOSEUPCOINS6.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 324

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom