What's new

Going cold turkey

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,349
Reaction score
8,462
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
Had 5 or 6 inches of fresh snow. Took these this morning while it was still snowing.
 

Attachments

  • 2222222.webp
    2222222.webp
    291 KB · Views: 123
  • 777.webp
    777.webp
    404.9 KB · Views: 109
Both are beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice shots. Yum yum yum yum yum
 
Beautiful picture.
 
Beautiful work. Like the composition on the second image.
 
Ron, you're quickly becoming the Ansel Adams of wildlife....
photography-044.gif~original


Another one deserving a spot on the wall. Great pics!
 
The first one would be my new screen saver but I am afraid my computer might freeze up! I got a chill just looking at them.
 
Thanks everyone. I took these from my porch. The turkeys are always around in the winter when food is scarce. My neighbor who lives across the road feeds them.

Also, right now, I'm taking a leave of absence from my job, so have more time for photo's.
 
Great pics, almost what one expect for a picture on a jig-saw puzzle. Liking the contrast of between the turkeys and snow.
 
That's where all the snows falling this year.
 
Thanks everyone. I took these from my porch. The turkeys are always around in the winter when food is scarce. My neighbor who lives across the road feeds them.

Also, right now, I'm taking a leave of absence from my job, so have more time for photo's.
The turkey was one of the few indigenous animals ever domesticated by the native Americans. It is believed the natives did this originally for only the turkey feathers to use as personal adornment. Then later for meat.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...-tamed-turkeys-2000-years-ago-1765012713.html
 
Last edited:
The turkey was one of the few indigenous animals ever domesticated by the native Americans. It is believed the natives did this originally for only the turkey feathers to use as personal adornment. Then later for meat.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.se...-tamed-turkeys-2000-years-ago-1765012713.html
Very interesting Grant. I can see how it would be easy to domesticate them. Once you start feeding them when food is scarce, they will come right in close waiting to be fed.
 
Thanks for the nice pics!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom