What's new

Going to an old Airport

Benbuck6

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
OK, I am going to detecting at an old municiple airport. The airstrips are used as drag race strips, the main terminal is used as convention center, the old angers are rodeo/livestock show yards now...the surrounding grounds have been baseball fields for years.

1) Where would you search?
2) What are some things you would HOPE to find?
 
I'd hit the drag strips looking for car parts/spark plugs because that's something you don't normally find.
 
I'd probably hit the area around the main terminal, then the area where the spectators watch the races. Good luck.
 
i would find where the concession stands were or are during the drag races and figure out what end the beer was served. Drunks drop money ALOT.
 
I would look in a line from the stands to the concessions. Daddy is too lazy to go and Junior always drops the CASH. Rings and things under the stands.... but sift it instead of detecting. TTC
 
I have owned a civilian aircraft and believe me all the partying was done around the hangars.One guy up here actually bought a junk plane so he could keep his hangar(after selling his 172).He was ground zero for the cold beer and hibachi.even I lost a ring there...go figure.

good luck !!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom