GOING TO THE MOTHERLOAD COUNTRY, BOIS!!! (help pls)

MinorMiner

Aug 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignore the cancer title (to some degree), but please still give any information you might have that is relevant to my situation.

So; within a day or two, I am leaving for Spanish Springs, Sparks, Nevada to see my grandparents. After that, I am going to Fernley to see my cousins.

I would love to bring my crevicing/sniping/digging stuff, pans, and my sluice box (and leg kit, ain't nobody got time for setting up rocks!), but I don't know where to go. If anyone has a claim, or knows a claim owner, or knows where to go, please tell! The reason I myself am not using the Google, is because last time I planned a gold mining trip (to where James Marshall found gold on the American River), we drove around ALL day, going from place to place, being told that we couldn't mine there, but we might be able to somewhere else (we couldn't (this happened everywhere we stopped)). After a while, we said screw it, and just did our thing below the dam (in Folsom I think). I DO NOT want this to happen again, so please help. It seems like I should be able to go anywhere on any river here and pan/sluice, but that is not the case at all.

TL; DR: Need help finding claim/claim owners near Spanish Springs, Nevada, do not want a repeat of trying to mine at the South Fork of the American River where James Marshall found his gold. Drove around all day, was told that we couldn't mine ANYWHERE. THE RIVERS ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC RECREATION, RIGHT? I HATE KOMMIEFORNIA! (sorry for the tangent, I get worked up thinking about wasting that whole day).

It would mean the world to me If I could find a nice area, with workable bedrock, that was legal to mine in. Please help me find that spot!

Thanks

-(slightly annoyed) MinorMiner

Upvote 0

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Open to recreation and open to prospecting are two completely different things. Good luck in your search but if you plan on prospecting you need to learn how to find available ground. MyLandMatters will be your best friend in that.
Regards

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are three different public access areas ten minutes from Marshal state park.
Panning sluicing all the digging you want to do.
People were just being clueless or hating on a prospector.

Sorry they told you what they did.

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people go to the bear river colfax if your passing thru that direction

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screw it? You just "did your thing" below a dam? Was it claimed or maybe you don't care. If that is your attitude about KOMMIEFORNIA, I, along with many others here, would politely ask you go "do your thing" in another state. ╦╦Ç

Last edited:

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ignore the cancer title (to some degree), but please still give any information you might have that is relevant to my situation.

So; within a day or two, I am leaving for Spanish Springs, Sparks, Nevada to see my grandparents. After that, I am going to Fernley to see my cousins.

I would love to bring my crevicing/sniping/digging stuff, pans, and my sluice box (and leg kit, ain't nobody got time for setting up rocks!), but I don't know where to go. If anyone has a claim, or knows a claim owner, or knows where to go, please tell! The reason I myself am not using the Google, is because last time I planned a gold mining trip (to where James Marshall found gold on the American River), we drove around ALL day, going from place to place, being told that we couldn't mine there, but we might be able to somewhere else (we couldn't (this happened everywhere we stopped)). After a while, we said screw it, and just did our thing below the dam (in Folsom I think). I DO NOT want this to happen again, so please help. It seems like I should be able to go anywhere on any river here and pan/sluice, but that is not the case at all.

TL; DR: Need help finding claim/claim owners near Spanish Springs, Nevada, do not want a repeat of trying to mine at the South Fork of the American River where James Marshall found his gold. Drove around all day, was told that we couldn't mine ANYWHERE. THE RIVERS ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC RECREATION, RIGHT? I HATE KOMMIEFORNIA! (sorry for the tangent, I get worked up thinking about wasting that whole day).

It would mean the world to me If I could find a nice area, with workable bedrock, that was legal to mine in. Please help me find that spot!

Thanks

-(slightly annoyed) MinorMiner
Dear slightly annoyed, always do your research before any mining trip into an unknown area, making your assumptions without that led to your disappointment and anger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread