Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just been hitting the same swim hole once a week....its very small and gives me gold almost every time.....the people get drunk and horse around in this tiny spot everyday when its warm. The water was still very cold and my hands are numb in 2 hours. The spring shorty suit has been excellent for getting me in earlier than most and its paid off. Ill work till 2, and on the way home ill stop one a week and hit this hole.....crocodile and bait fish had me miss it one week, and the big black mullet came through and made me leave because you never know whats feeding on and following them !! But there's gold in them there swim holes !! Woooo hoooo !!
20220327_101616.jpg

2 little shells that test gold !! Found a week apart at the same spot....I missed one the first week !!
20220328_173137.jpg

Nice collection of jewelry finds both with the EQX600, and some underwater eyeball work !!
20220329_070648.jpg

here we have a pink kiddie ring, a gold tone titanium band, a heavy rainbow tungsten band, and a 14k band !! Wow...2 rings a week, and its just getting started for water hunting....should be some heavy hitting Latinos with lots of gold swimming here this season, and im watching it like a hawk !!
20220328_172943.jpg
nice little gemstones in the cable cuff braclet marked "brilho". They are known for stainless,, silver,, and gold. I will let the jeweler examine it and tell me about the metals involved....the only similar example I found was a vintage silver "brilho" braclet....it seemed to be the only one hallmarked like mine !!
20220328_165556.jpg
in this pic you can see a small plated silver Mexican hoop earring......ya....I lost it already and can't find it !! Also eyballed 2 amethyst beads, and a pearl in the sand !! Wooo hooo !!
20220328_172758.jpg
hope everyone's upcoming spring and summer has gold in it....happy hunting and thanks for looking !!

Attachments

• 20220329_070648.jpg
    20220329_070648.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 37

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just been hitting the same swim hole once a week....its very small and gives me gold almost every time.....the people get drunk and horse around in this tiny spot everyday when its warm. The water was still very cold and my hands are numb in 2 hours. The spring shorty suit has been excellent for getting me in earlier than most and its paid off. Ill work till 2, and on the way home ill stop one a week and hit this hole.....crocodile and bait fish had me miss it one week, and the big black mullet came through and made me leave because you never know whats feeding on and following them !! But there's gold in them there swim holes !! Woooo hoooo !! View attachment 2018028
2 little shells that test gold !! Found a week apart at the same spot....I missed one the first week !! View attachment 2018029
Nice collection of jewelry finds both with the EQX600, and some underwater eyeball work !!
View attachment 2018036

here we have a pink kiddie ring, a gold tone titanium band, a heavy rainbow tungsten band, and a 14k band !! Wow...2 rings a week, and its just getting started for water hunting....should be some heavy hitting Latinos with lots of gold swimming here this season, and im watching it like a hawk !! View attachment 2018031 nice little gemstones in the cable cuff braclet marked "brilho". They are known for stainless,, silver,, and gold. I will let the jeweler examine it and tell me about the metals involved....the only similar example I found was a vintage silver "brilho" braclet....it seemed to be the only one hallmarked like mine !! View attachment 2018034 in this pic you can see a small plated silver Mexican hoop earring......ya....I lost it already and can't find it !! Also eyballed 2 amethyst beads, and a pearl in the sand !! Wooo hooo !! View attachment 2018035 hope everyone's upcoming spring and summer has gold in it....happy hunting and thanks for looking !!
Nice work on all that AU, never was into beach/park hunting but am starting to realize that digging rings is absolutely just as fun as digging old coppers so changing my tune on that one. Think I may don some raingear and hit a park today (your post is inspiring- keep it coming buddy!) and find some of my own gold hopefully.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work on all that AU, never was into beach/park hunting but am starting to realize that digging rings is absolutely just as fun as digging old coppers so changing my tune on that one. Think I may don some raingear and hit a park today (your post is inspiring- keep it coming buddy!) and find some of my own gold hopefully.
I love both types of hunting also....good luck out there and thank you sir..... may your day be filled with gold !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and great post, but I want to hear more about the crocodiles.
Well traveller....there an endangered species and protected now.....they used to be almost extinct....now they thrive as far south as the middle keys. They are shy and don't bother anybody. The most damage they've done is snatch a dog or cat. They are large carnivores that should be respected.....I got in here once and saw a small one sleeping on the bottom in the deep water beyond the swimming barrier. I would never trust swimming with a big one.....they get 12 ft +.......living dinosaurs 🦕 they are.....sharks here too.....got to pick the right times !! Lots of boat traffic keeps just about everything away except me and the swimmers !! Early morning quiet times can get scary....avoid dusk and dawn !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well traveller....there an endangered species and protected now.....they used to be almost extinct....now they thrive as far south as the middle keys. They are shy and don't bother anybody. The most damage they've done is snatch a dog or cat. They are large carnivores that should be respected.....I got in here once and saw a small one sleeping on the bottom in the deep water beyond the swimming barrier. I would never trust swimming with a big one.....they get 12 ft +.......living dinosaurs 🦕 they are.....sharks here too.....got to pick the right times !! Lots of boat traffic keeps just about everything away except me and the swimmers !! Early morning quiet times can get scary....avoid dusk and dawn !!
Thanks for sharing. Americancrocodiles get larger than I thought. I saw some really gig cross below a bridge in Costa Rica. I would hate to fall in the water there.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing. Americancrocodiles get larger than I thought. I saw some really gig cross below a bridge in Costa Rica. I would hate to fall in the water there.
I'll be honest.....just about anything can scare you underwater..... looking at a crocodile 🐊 underwater in the wild, not more than 10 feet away made me leave the spot for months !! Sharks are worse and we've had some brutal attacks last couple years !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be honest.....just about anything can scare you underwater..... looking at a crocodile 🐊 underwater in the wild, not more than 10 feet away made me leave the spot for months !! Sharks are worse and we've had some brutal attacks last couple years !!
10 feet is a heartbeat away. You are braver than me, Bart. Crocodiles and sharks do not come in my living room so I do not go into theirs.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 feet is a heartbeat away. You are braver than me, Bart. Crocodiles and sharks do not come in my living room so I do not go into theirs.
You ever walk in the bathroom on someone.....same feeling....whoops, turn around and leave and try to erase what you saw !! Same feeling as I described in your ufo thread.....scary chit !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You make it look so easy
Hard at play=pay
Congrats on the latest gold.
Keep us informed on the cable bracelet, real nice one at that.
Thanks pepper 🌶......my jeweler called me yesterday right before I got in.....he said it would be easier on him mounting my coin if all the gold was yellow gold. He wanted to give me back my white gold band for a yellow gold band for ease of smelting....I said hang on ill go find one right now....BAM...third target.....yellow gold in the sand !! God bless the tourists !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So wierd how all of a sudden it goes from winter to everyone back in the water.... im gonna smoke this spot this year, and try to get a feeling on number of swimmwrs per week, and how much gold is lost each week !! My little experiment !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So wierd how all of a sudden it goes from winter to everyone back in the water.... im gonna smoke this spot this year, and try to get a feeling on number of swimmwrs per week, and how much gold is lost each week !! My little experiment !!
Keep us informed, Bart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread