What's new

Gold Bracelet or Decorative Item???

MilitariaCollector

Full Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
I found this near the foundation of an old house. I think the house dated back to the 1880's. I am not sure what it is. I thought it could of been a gold bracelet, but I am not sure that it is gold. It think it might be brass. It was very dirty when I found it, and its been very difficult to clean. It seems like it is tarnished, which makes me think it is not gold. There is a design with flowers on it. If this is not a bracelet, then I dont know if that groove inside it had a purpose. The object looks like it was purposely bent in a D shape, although it may have been round to begin with. The seperation in the back is a break, it was not always like that. Also near the seperation, the little border is missing for about an inch. It doesnt look like it was broken off, it looks like it was always like that. It weighs 9.1 grams. It is 3 1/8" long x 2 3/4" wide x 1/4" high. Is there an easy way to test if this is gold, or brass? Any ideas what it could be?
 
Got a picture?
 
Upvote 0
The rainbow color is because of the flash, I'm not really good at taking photos.
 

Attachments

  • 100_0485.webp
    100_0485.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_0483.webp
    100_0483.webp
    10 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_0481.webp
    100_0481.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
Looks like it might have held a glass or mirror. Maybe part of a vanity set, it might have had small bottles of perfume sitting on it.
Scott
 

Attachments

  • 205854162_tp.webp
    205854162_tp.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom