What's new

🥇 BANNER GOLD COIN...BOOYEAH!!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It only took 8 years but this afternoon I found my first gold coin. I had a friend down to detect some "old faithful" areas as the "good" sites are still not available. This is the same friend who found the 2 cannonballs on my site the last time he was here to detect...same site too! The day started pretty slow and I was somewhat disappointed that the sites I had been hoping for were not available. I did have the backup plan and we executed that. Phil started with a couple coppers and I with a button and a musket ramrod thimble. Phil called me over to pinpoint a target in his hole and when I was walking away I got a nice solid signal. It was pinpointing about four inches down so I cut a nice wide plug. I flipped it over and just about freaked out! There was some profanity involved when I saw the distinct gleam of gold on the plug! I grabbed a couple insitu shots and id'd it as a Victorian 1870 Sovereign! Some knuckle head in the past soldered a loop on it to wear on a chain which was his downfall and my fortune!
 

Attachments

  • j71hi.webp
    j71hi.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 729
  • yibows.webp
    yibows.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 643
  • 407ogd.webp
    407ogd.webp
    60 KB · Views: 627
  • m2efv.webp
    m2efv.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 628
  • bpejq.webp
    bpejq.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 610
Last edited:
i hate you gold finding guys! but still way cool!!
 
nice find on both the parts and the gold. Good thing that chain broke the coin was on you may have not found it, It's GOLD... HH
 
I have always wanted to find a gold coin. Way to go! :laughing9:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom