What's new

Gold coin today...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
8,340
Reaction score
177
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug my third gold coin this afternoon. Was on a farm field that has given up an awesome amount of relics and this popped up. Thought it was a typical brass/aluminum coin then the WOW factor kicked in! Prussian King Wilhelm II, 1898, 3.98 gms, .900 Gold, Mintmark “A”=Berlin, Denomination 10 Mark. Obverse.
GoldCoin1898O.webp
Reverse. Also found 3 musket balls and 2 glass beads. HH, Mike
GoldCoin1898R.webp
 
Upvote 38
WTG Mike! Gold coin number 3, quite an accomplishment :occasion14:
 
WTG Mike! Gold coin number 3, quite an accomplishment :occasion14:
 
Thanks all! The coin wasn't very deep, about 3", typical depth of most targets on a plowed farm field are less than 6". It's been about 5 years since I found any gold I could keep and I have been lucky this year with 13 pieces of gold including two gold coins. HH all, Mike
 
Beautiful! Great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom