,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: God bless vets and take one out to lunch. The fellas coming home are NOT getting any respect from that festering :angry5: Iraq service to our country as just like Nam--unpopular war so they get no respect,acculades,parades or recognition for a job well done :BangHead: sic sic sic as I always try to assist in any way possible,peacetime or war--they ALL deserve more ??? John

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
For all of you on here, Please go the the Personal Pages and click on TimberWolf and see what I posted about my Brother. My Dad was Army and a Pearl Harbor survivor. My Brother is a Marine and a survivor of Nam. I was Army but never saw combat. So I am not in the league with those of you that put your lives on the line. My hat is off to all of you and God Bless.

Happy New Years to all.
GrayCloud.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to finish my degress and be a federal fish and wild life special agent. Fight the man from the inside haha

Unless you are good with bureaucracy,and paperwork....I wouldnt recommend......from experience

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
For all of you on here, Please go the the Personal Pages and click on TimberWolf and see what I posted about my Brother. My Dad was Army and a Pearl Harbor survivor. My Brother is a Marine and a survivor of Nam. I was Army but never saw combat. So I am not in the league with those of you that put your lives on the line. My hat is off to all of you and God Bless.

Happy New Years to all.
GrayCloud.

Hey GC, experienced combat or not, you STILL JOINED AND WORE THE UNIFORM that is WHAT COUNTS, you did your part!!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downdeep said:
yeah , to you whom are on the ground hats off to you, thats gotta be rough. I'm on a ship , yeah I'm gone alot but what the hell the hardest part of my day is taking oil and fuel samples and getting up for watch ontime. Easy day.
Its just not what it was. Even in my short time its changed drastically. It seems every generation has this type of thing, ww1 ww2 korea, Nam, lotta coldwar fall out in the late 70's n 80's, it never ends but the politics involved sure do.
happy new years everyone.

Sounds like a gravy job!!! My brother was in the Navy aboard the America before they decided to make her a coral reef. He told me about all the countries he got to visit when they went into port for a few days at a time. Of course he was always at war with the Navy, if you know what I mean? He never took kindly to anyone giving him orders, spent a good bit of time in the brigg.

I am thankful for being where I was my whole career, we have different set of Rules of Engagement compared to regular units, especially leg units, (non-airborne), and you couldn't promote me to a Command Sergeant Major to have me put in a leg unit!!!! I seen more screw ups in higher chain of command and a lot of soldiers frustrated because their hands are tied at what really needs to be done to win a war or conflict.

As far as every generation, yes that is true to some extent, but we all have one thing in common, "WINNING A WAR" and hating politician involvement, especially after WW2 everything was about who is putting money into whose pocket!" something our politicians could care less about winning or soldiers lives as long as it puts millions of dollars plus in their pockets!!!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY DD TANKS FOR THE INVITE!!!! I am always willing to find some color anywhere!!! I found some little gold here in Texas but none in comparison to what you have found. I got some pics posted in the panning section! Fair amount of garnet as well. We had a real bad drought here this summer towards the end of fall and all the rivers and creeks were dried up, of course I hadn't had a chance to get out and prospect it due to work load and working out of town along with Army crap. I got one nice size water hole on the granite river bed that I KNOW has a lot of flood gold and maybe quite a few good flakes and maybe some little pickers but I need a suction dredge to get to it and getting a suction dredge to the river would be a workout, but going across all those granite tributaries in the river wouldn't be bad, just the sand in the river and parts of it, depending on how much water is in the river, the sand can be a couple feet deep. DEFINITELY would have to take a 5 hour break after the workout of getting a dredge there!

The length and width is 300x100 feet and it goes from about 1ft deep at the first stage to about 10-15 feet deep at the end of it and the granite swoops up at the end, so the river made this a big pond! though at the shallow end the sand is at least 3-4 feet deep, so there is a lot of sand to move. If I had the equipment big enough to get there, I would suck all the sand out and dredge it, but to do that would take about 5-6 months every day and night continuous running!!!!!!! But I figure there has to be at least an ounce there if not 3, but who knows? Hopefully by this summer I can get me a good dredge and hookah set up at a fairly good price.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
to get a dredge inplace, why not float it down stream to your location. thats what i do when i goto Wyoming! then float it downstrean to get out and have a guy there with a truck/trailer to pull it out! makes life much gooder!:)

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
to get a dredge inplace, why not float it down stream to your location. thats what i do when i goto Wyoming! then float it downstrean to get out and have a guy there with a truck/trailer to pull it out! makes life much gooder!:)

Yeah that is a good idea, the only problem here is unless we have a lot of rain to make the river rise, you got about an ankle deep of water on top of deep sand all the way across the rover. Some areas, not much, in certain spots go about knee to crotch level, but most of it is about ankle deep, so the dredge would still bottom out trying to get it to the deeper part of the river.

Look at the picture and what you see that may be sand is actually granite river bed ALL THROUGHOUT the river. This is what ALL of the river looks like. The pond area I am refering to is in another part of what is seen. The property you see is the pay to dig arrow heads, and fishing and prospecting access to the river. The river bank is not eased down the river, it has some high broken mound like slabs popping out of the river bed and you would need at least 2 people to get your equipment in by carrying them.

The GPAA Kingsland claim at the bottom of the photo well at the green marker for the public parking, just that area alone from bank to bank at the bridge there is 1/4 mile across. So in comparison with the river at the bend upstream is almost a 1/2 mile wide at it's widest part. All that granite river bed, is not flat and smooth either. It appears like mountains and hills protruding out of the river!

Attachments

• Gold Claim.jpg
    Gold Claim.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 372

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I have never dredged, and probably never will, I can sympathize with your plight. You are right when you state that the ban has nothing to do with saving wildlife and everything to due with asserting power over the people. I just wanted to point out that this is the least of your worries as far as rights go.

For those of you who may not know it yet, our fine president just signed the National Defense authorization act into law on new years eve while he was in Hawaii. This horrible peace of legislation just basically nullified the bill of rights. It now states that all of "the motherland" (sound familiar?) is now considered a battleground in which the military can detain and imprison you indefinitely with no due process. This signed into law by a man who isn't legally our president in the first place. So really, anything he signs into law is null and void anyway. I wish everyone realized that.

Also, if and when the Stop Online Piracy Act is signed into law, you will no longer be able to state your displeasure with our government. If you own a website expressing any anti-government sentiment, you will be shut down. Then you will probably be detained indefinitely as an enemy combatant. There's a new government controlled Internet at our doorsteps and it's not pretty.

Funny how we ousted the worst dictator of the century in 1945. Yet, here we are, a little over a century later, using all of the tactics that the Nazis used over their people on our own people. Fair well America.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bearbqd, It was a sad day for America and freedom when igggnorrrnant people and fraudulent voting put that unqualified muslim in the White House. And still people will not open there eyes to what is happening. >:(
God willing, 2012 will be a turnaround. If not, all will be lost and blood will flow on American Soil. :(

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to turn this political but,I found it amusing that last week they were talking about the New Emperor of N.Korea,having no experience in anything and being made the "head honcho",over a Nuclear super power and how dangerous this was.....scary to realize we did the very same thing!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downdeep said:
Two words Ron Paul? who knows what its gonna take to really make a major change . I always feel like my hands are tied and mouth taped. Its frustrating.
Kuger, you said you gave up the government job as well , was it worth it?? I have a few months to stew on this if my app to stay in gets approved however unlikely but It could happen. Still thinking about hanging it up though.
BTW seas are a bit rough today off the coast of Florida , cold as can be too. burrrr. I hate being cold.

Until recently,I didnt think so bud.I loved my job more than any I ever had....wasnt a "job",when you look forward to it everyday.The B.S. and crookedness,made it unbearable however and I didnt know if it was going to be there from day to day,all the while I seen waste of money and resources.Now that I have a family and job security is a must,and the fact I am at home everynight(I was in remote locales,for weeks)I see now I am probably better off.I would take advantage of any schooling you can get though.They cant take knowledge from you!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downdeep said:
Thats so very true. I love what I do but with the littoral combat ship program all I do is waste your tax dollars, Never know what we're doing week to week what direction we are going. Being gone so much has already cost me 2 marriages and I don't know if Ill even have a job by the 15th of the month still waiting those results. WHile it may not be glamorous I am going to try and survive on gold and firewood , I have no family , kids or anything else holding me down. I'm going to try like hell anyways. Maybe start a blog about it just to show the struggles of what it would take to make it happen , make a neat story anyways.

:thumbsup:..........Firewood market is absolutely flooded right now.Gold from dredging and firewood have always been my "get by",money but this year I am barely,Gettin by"!!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Kuger, You are so right on the muslim in the White House. :icon_scratch:
DD, Hang in there and do what is right for you, regardless of direction. We will make the other thing work out, one way or the other. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread