GOLD GOLD GOLD ...MY PRECIOUS !!!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so happy.WOOOHOOO MY first GOLD RING ! its the smallest gold ring I ever seen but I like it ..the ground is frozen out here so I went to a small patch of woods that was a hang out in the early 1800..now its all over grown but there are lots of leaves on the ground keeping it from freezing .

I put my coil down the first thing I here is a 53 on the AT PRO I dig it expecting some trash and BAM GOLD 6" down .A gold ring for my first target of the day wow
I have dug up thousands of pull tabs and junk looking for it finally I found MY PRECIOUS lol... there was no marking on the inside but I knew it was gold .

it came out of the ground all shiny.I took it to a jeweler and had it acid tested .its only 10k but ITS GOLD ..
ITS MY PRECIOUS !!! HA ha ..thanks for looking :occasion14:
gollumaatheory.jpg
20140307_231252.jpg20140307_231507_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
congrats, it might be pretty old if it doesn't have any markings. It could have also been worn for a long time and worn away too. nice job!

Wow, that's awesome, However, judging by the first picture, You need to take a break from hunting and eat something.

HH
MariposaGold

Sweet gold !!! Congrats on your first of many to come !
Glen

Nothing like your first gold ring...congrats.

One ring to rule them all, and in the darkness, bind them!

Nice find!

Nice gold ring.....I wore my wedding ring for 37 years before it split and started cutting into my finger....had it cut off[the ring]....all engravings on the inside were worn off....I'd say yours is pretty old....congrats!

Did you disappear when you put it on? Nice find!

Thats another good reason I'm single..... Your ring is a very good analogy for marriage in general. The first day you wore it , it just slid right on.... Then before you knew it, it started cutting into your flesh and eventually had to be sawed off .

Wow, that's awesome, However, judging by the first picture, You need to take a break from hunting and eat something.

HH
MariposaGold

Congrats on your first GOLD RING! WOO HOO ! And a nice one it is too! (Don't let anyone return it to the fiery pit from whence it came). I've seen smaller ones, that's not too shabby!

Great pics! Lol! I imagine we all are starting to look like that by now! Lol! Spring where art thou?

Now you have to go to Muldor and throw it back into the fire!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back