What's new

Gold/Ice saved the day...

dirtdigger1581

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
591
Reaction score
270
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to VA beach for the morning low tide today, and it couldn't have been a much slower day. Nobody I talked to had found much more than a couple coins. Took me two hours to find my first coin, a penny. But right after that two hour wait of diggin trash targets and a single penny I hit a nice sounding mid tone. Took three scoops with my big Sunspot 720i to get it, but it was worth the effort. I was rewarded with this nice 14K GOLD, 3.08g ring. :hello2: Stones tested positive for diamonds! Ended the day with 63 cents otherwise. Oh, and a toy car that my son will be happy with.

Happy Hunting!

-Nate
 

Attachments

  • 06-17-13ring.webp
    06-17-13ring.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
Nate,
Never any doubt for me that you had the real thing. Though a slow day, giving the little boy my handful of change and a cool shell and seeing his face made it another great day at the beach. Watching the lifeguards training made it even better. Never a bad day at the Beach! Way to save the day.
 
Nate,
Never any doubt for me that you had the real thing. Though a slow day, giving the little boy my handful of change and a cool shell and seeing his face made it another great day at the beach. Watching the lifeguards training made it even better. Never a bad day at the Beach! Way to save the day.

Glad you were able to make it out. Nice of you to give away your treasure too! And the guards were nice!!!
 
Persistence pays.
 
That's a beauty, DG!:notworthy:

I love the style of that ring!

Lorraine
 
That's a beauty, DG!:notworthy:

I love the style of that ring!

Lorraine

Thanks...It's nice finding rings that aren't just plain bands. Been lucky my last two gold rings. :)
 
Very cool looking ring. A big congrats!
 
Nice catch, looks like it has been out there a long time.
 
Very nice! WTG!
 
Nice catch, looks like it has been out there a long time.

I think it's an older ring. It didn't have a Karat hallmarking of any kind. I had to acid test it to put it at 14K.
 
Lovely ring style. My friends son loves all the cars I find too.
:occasion14:
 
Good for you, that's great!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
 
Nice ring and it was nice when I held it on the beach, WAIT the BEACH? I found nothing but junk and a few clad coins but I will say the lifeguards did look nice while training lol. This old dog of a relic hunter just may not be a beach hunter. I do like the sites but I'd rather dig in the dirt. But, I'll keep going out with you guys because right now the heat and ticks suck! See you soon!

Wes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom