Gold in Sacramento?

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
49 between 50 and 80. North and middle forks American, go farther south on 49 is a park on the right half way to Pville to walk to the south fork and pan, sluice.

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anxious to see how you do in the low lands. I live in West Sacto about a quarter mile from the Sacto river and there is fine Gold right in the yards around here! Researching I found out that a wealthy tycoon once brought in fill dirt to raise the land like they did in Sacramento before building and he used tailing and associated sand. Anyway I have gotten fine flakes almost everywhere I look from downtown to Folsom lake but as the posters have mentioned the concentrations start from Auburn \ Colfax area on up. I will post a pic soon and give you a good tip... :thumbsup:

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
April Gold MFA.jpg 49 inches complete.jpg
Here is an example of what can be found about 35 minutes up Hwy. 80 from downtown Sacto on the American river system. Pic represents about a 1/4 of a 5G bucket full of bedrock snipes! And my homemade sluice worked like a champ! Gotta love the Gold Hog Rubber Matting!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Years ago I used to take my daily walks down at Mississippi Bar behind the riding stables... There was an old parking lot from when they hauled rocks for Folsom Dam...Lots of micro gold on that parking lot..If you know how to process micro gold there is still money there....Use a fox tail and a dust pan ...Art

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out to Salmon Falls Bridge today about 3pm. The water from the lake is starting to recede and down to 412 ft. The flow from chili bar was cut to 175 cfs today. The combo of the too left the water low at the bridge with the sluice line visibly extending 3/4 across the river. Tomorrow should be good if they keep the low level out of chili bar as they have been doing on Wednesdays. Another week or two and the water level will be low........ I am going to miss it this week as I am still recovering from bronchial infection and sucking wind on the short trail back to the truck. Good Luck to all TNET Goldseekers.

GM

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out to Salmon Falls Bridge today about 3pm. The water from the lake is starting to recede and down to 412 ft. The flow from chili bar was cut to 175 cfs today. The combo of the too left the water low at the bridge with the sluice line visibly extending 3/4 across the river. Tomorrow should be good if they keep the low level out of chili bar as they have been doing on Wednesdays. Another week or two and the water level will be low........ I am going to miss it this week as I am still recovering from bronchial infection and sucking wind on the short trail back to the truck. Good Luck to all TNET Goldseekers. GM
Thanks for the info..ive been skunked three weeks now...need my gold fever Fixx. :)

Peace be with you Mojo!

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm right there w/ you prospector....it's been way too long since I've been out, and had to cancel my plans last weekend at the last min. Hoping to get out to Salmon Falls Sat. !

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm right there w/ you prospector....it's been way too long since I've been out, and had to cancel my plans last weekend at the last min. Hoping to get out to Salmon Falls Sat. !
The best of luck to you! :)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure there's fine gold all around Sac. I'd follow Kev's tip. Ya never know with all the storm ditches dug and and creek channels diverted plus earth moved over the years, you may find something. These Natomas Co. dredges were used in Sacramento county up to the 1950's I think. The ground under place I worked in Rancho Cordova had at one time been dredged up by one of these monsters. Our land lord was an old Okie, and he would tell me all about the these old bucket-line dredges and the days they operated.

Attachments

• Natomas Dredge.jpg
    Natomas Dredge.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 214
  • natomas dredge 2.jpg
    natomas dredge 2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 271

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure there's fine gold all around Sac. I'd follow Kev's tip. Ya never know with all the storm ditches dug and and creek channels diverted plus earth moved over the years, you may find something. These Natomas Co. dredges were used in Sacramento county up to the 1950's I think. The ground under place I worked in Rancho Cordova had at one time been dredged up by one of these monsters. Our land lord was an old Okie, and he would tell me all about the these old bucket-line dredges and the days they operated.

Right where im standing. :). Awesome history

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right where im standing. :). Awesome history
Thats neat. Hows all in the old area?. I had pondered in my mind "only" the idea of drilling in the area for in-situ mining, using a weak solutions of aqua regia, but I'm sure that wouldn't fly and I don't know if it would work either. You'd for sure be known as the worlds greatest envirothug if you ever did try a crazy stunt like that. Just kidding:tongue3: You do know your walking over billions of dollars in gold in that vast alluvium under your feet in flour gold. Those dredges could only scrap a little of the gold in that area. Still they did it for decades.

Attachments

• in situ leaching.gif
    in situ leaching.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Chris49er

Aug 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would like to go down to gold creek and check it out. I live just up the street and thinking about heading down there in the next day or 2 to see what i might find.

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got gold from miners ravine about 20 years ago then they started building houses all over. American river has a lot of gold from discovery park to Nimbus dam. Lake Natoma and Folsom lake has gold. I just got gold from Folsom lake this year. Lake Natoma I got gold last year. Some one brought in a good size nugget from Natoma today and that is how I found this site.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got gold from miners ravine about 20 years ago then they started building houses all over. American river has a lot of gold from discovery park to Nimbus dam. Lake Natoma and Folsom lake has gold. I just got gold from Folsom lake this year. Lake Natoma I got gold last year. Some one brought in a good size nugget from Natoma today and that is how I found this site.
cool! Welcome to tnet! You'll find a lot of help here when you want it and people to cheer for you when you have a good day or even grumble after a bad one.

For starters check out landmatters.org to learn more about your area. Also the county assessor website can help for your area of interest.

jojosparkle

Sep 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold near Sacramento, Ca

Is there any gold in the creeks in and around Sacramento? Such as Dry Creek by Elverta/Rio Linda area? Or even Miners Ravine Roseville area? Is this to far for the gold to travel?

On news today Gold nugget found in Sacramento, but it was 2 news I don't trust them, they always break news, it seems, on violence, almost like they want to broadcast trouble all the time. A Gold rush would be trouble. My Opinion. They might have planted it?:skullflag:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On news today Gold nugget found in Sacramento, but it was 2 news I don't trust them, they always break news, it seems, on violence, almost like they want to broadcast trouble all the time. A Gold rush would be trouble. My Opinion. They might have planted it?:skullflag:
I hear Sacramento has gotten really bad with crime now. I was thinking it was kind of bad in the late 80s early 90s with 3 helicopters flying low and shining search lights around the neighborhood every other week. I talk to a fella last week and he made the comparison of Sac being now like Stockton. ???

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Teichert (sp?) Construction has a 10 mile long conveyor that runs between Like florin perkins and white rock rd, transporting aggregate from the quarry someplace east but n the valley, from what I've been told is they get a whole bunch of gold but never talk about it. PLP is reorganizing the Sacramento/folsom mining districts and is having a meeting 10-4 at 6:30pm at the amador county fairgrounds in Plymouth, you should attend it is a way to pick up info about gold in this area. also from first hand experience there is gold in the valley

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to strongly disagree with that statement. Not trying to start anything,but.. I would gladly travel to Sacramento than say..Downtown Denver,or Colorado Springs or anywhere in El Paso County.. There are a few parts of Sacramento that I wouldn't hang out in.. but aside from that its safer than the above places I mentioned in CO.

Last edited:

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aerojet just got rid of 700 acres along Hwy 50 early this year. And another 5000 acres waiting for development. That land hasn't been touched since what? The 60's? I'd love to get in there and dig around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread