What's new

gold in them there hills still...

PENNYHUNTER

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
227
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
well here are some pic of a weekend of dredging that my father and cousin did over the weekend. It is a three inch dredge in a creek in the gold territory in nothern California.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1752.webp
    IMG_1752.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 7,697
  • IMG_1755.webp
    IMG_1755.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 7,675
  • IMG_1756.webp
    IMG_1756.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 7,630
  • IMG_1799.webp
    IMG_1799.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 8,063
  • IMG_1801.webp
    IMG_1801.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 7,638
  • IMG_1797.webp
    IMG_1797.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 7,533
  • IMG_1788.webp
    IMG_1788.webp
    94.2 KB · Views: 7,413
Upvote 12
now THAT looks like a fun weekend. Not to mention profitable. Looks like some decent nugs in that mix!
Wish I coulda been there.

HH

~Nash~
 
hey penny hunter we do need a large rock mover next time. Should we invite the guy above next time? All this gold took 2 guys a long back breaking weekend. oh and nice pics of my back side thanks penny hunter.
 
If i found that gold i'd give up coin hunting.You guys did very well.Congratulations
 
Right you Guys!!
Don't move an inch!!
I'm on my way over, I wish!


That is awesome - well done, good pics too, thanks for sharing
:notworthy: :icon_salut: :hello2: :headbang:
Mike
 
Sweet, you are going to start a modern day gold rush!!! ;D
 
wow, direct from the source gold!

HH
-GC
 
WOW!!! :o Way to go guys. :thumbsup:
Very nice haul. Is that up by the American River?
Congrats,
MM
 
My trip to California this year was cut
short due to a family emergency, but
it's nice to see someone bringing in the
gold!!!
Keep it up guys, great spot!!!
 
wow that is alot of gold! when I see gold prospectors they usually have flakes or 1-2 very small nuggets... glad you found a good spot an hopefully the luck will continue... could you tell me how many troy ounces you have in the pictures???
 
This brings back memories. 60 years ago, my dad was into this hobby big time. He backpacked a 3" cast iron pump and a hugh Wisconsin engine about 4 miles up deer trails. He had it all apart and made many trips to get it up a creek feeding into the Rogue River near Grants Pass, OR. He was always filing gold claims that just happened to be on creeks that had virgin trout fishing opportunities. I remember as a 9 year old that the gold prospecting didn't go well but the fishing was fantastic. :thumbsup: You live in some of the most beautiful country that I've ever seen. I was fortunate to have been raised there. Looks like you found a great spot. Now go upstream and show us where all that gold came from!!!!
 
Wow, awesome site to see, Congrats!..
Sure with the creeks around here were like that. Being in the city all I usually see are "man-made" rocks... ;D
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~
 
Still some In Pa. I found some Not even close to the nuggets in the pictures above
Pinhead size but still gold and Fun to Prospect I had just found a New Site when Property owners threw up no trespassing signs ..
picture got lost on my old computer but I can Tell you I Used a 10x magnify and the Pinhead was almost bigger
My Pa Method is= bring home all the black sand,,, dry it out and then Look for gold ..
Its just as Exciting when you See it! .. under the lens
 
How large is the largest nugget, size of a quarter, dime, corn seed?

Nice Haul,

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Wow !!! Awesome find and some really nice pics there. I have tried a little gold panning here in Arkansas but havn't found any color much less finds like that. Follow it upstream and see where it comes from. Congrats and good luck in your future prospecting.
 
very nice job on the gold!!!! :thumbsup: You have found an awesome spot! You may get rich off that spot!! :thumbsup: Congratulations on the banner!!! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the gold! That was some serious hunting for sure, good job.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom