What's new

gold in them there hills still...

PENNYHUNTER

Full Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
227
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
well here are some pic of a weekend of dredging that my father and cousin did over the weekend. It is a three inch dredge in a creek in the gold territory in nothern California.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1752.webp
    IMG_1752.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 7,697
  • IMG_1755.webp
    IMG_1755.webp
    101.4 KB · Views: 7,675
  • IMG_1756.webp
    IMG_1756.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 7,630
  • IMG_1799.webp
    IMG_1799.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 8,063
  • IMG_1801.webp
    IMG_1801.webp
    70.9 KB · Views: 7,638
  • IMG_1797.webp
    IMG_1797.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 7,533
  • IMG_1788.webp
    IMG_1788.webp
    94.2 KB · Views: 7,413
Upvote 12
Thanks for this post. Some of us haven't seen a dredge in action.

Congrats on making the banner.

DM
 
Well thanks for all the comets on my topic. That said I will try to ansewer all of the question . The bigest nugget is almost the size of nickle but fatter. I don't know how much it weighs yet, and the location is about 10 miles away fro the south fork of the American river. I think I got them all, If not keep me posted and I'll get to you, thanks.

from Jason a.k.a PENNYHUNTER
 
Congrats man! Awesome gold. Wish I coulda been there...

HH,

Johnny Boy

P.S. way to make the banner!
 
That's it I'm moving to Cali.
 
Holy smokes, what a haul! Congrats guys!

Nashoba, if that invite turns out to be legit, try to work me in. I'll bring my 3" down and we can all toss rocks for a while. ;)


Gold over $900 an ounce + posts like this = why it's so hard to keep dredges in stock :)
 
Man, does that get the blood flowing! Just seeing all that purty stuff! Yeah!
Carl
 
Cool,
I wish we had gold around here. Question, Is the panning a whole separate operation here or are you panning the fines from the dredge, I am clueless about the process.
 
just WOW. Would love to try something like that. Pic 2 looks like something terrible happened. LOL hope to see more of what you guys are doing.
 
i seen a deal on the history channel about two guys doing the same thing in alaska with hte same rig i thought it was the same guys untill i read the captions
 
Answer to guestion from Foilman-
Yes I am panning the concentrates from the sluice box on the dredge. Which were washed into the plastic tub behind me.Of course the larger pieces are easily seen and picked out of the sluice box. So we call them pickers.The largest one ended up weighing 1.3 pennyweight. 20 pennyweight to an ounce.
 
kierdan said:
just WOW. Would love to try something like that. Pic 2 looks like something terrible happened. LOL hope to see more of what you guys are doing.

:o

First documented evidence of gold-shock. That happens when you eyeball one of them nuggets and pass out face first into the creek.

;D
 
Yeah good finds in our gold country old Cal.
Keep looking deeper, try also the banks for old gold
thats good for MD0ing too. Great you made the banner too ! Good Nuggie.

LOL ! Robin
 
OH ! One more thing Pennyhunter.
Nuggets a penny weight and better are worth 1 1/2 times the gold value, and it prograsses from there.
The big nugget you got if it weighs say 1 O/Z could be worth 4- 5 times more then the gold, thats a guess, long time since I did gold mining, but check it out carefully.
Don't show it, but rather just ask first, if you want to sell it that is, or any others.

LOL ! Robin
 
Wheres the follow up post to this great gold spot? Surely you guys haven't quit hitting it. How much have you guys got now its been a mth or so. Looks like you guys got a very good site there. We all wish you well and hope to see you guys get a fist sized nugget!!!! Or at least half dollar size! HH prospecting Tom P.S. As stated by someone else, Do you guys use a metal detector on your sites also? Good luck and dig em up!!!
 
Hey this is finding little aka Penny hunters cousinwho is sitting on the rock. I heard that my uncle and cus was back there last weekend looking to find the mother lode. I live in AZ so it is a little hard to get up to northern cali to do this very often. When i do get up there we have a great time trying to find the big one. Just a few questions that were asked like do we use a metal detector to help us. Penny Hunter does bring his out once in a while but we have yet to find any placer gold with it. I hear that they did pretty well last weekend and I hope to get up there at least for one more weekend this summer. Thanks for all the posts. it sounds like we are going to be in a mag some time in the future.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom