Gold Nugget Metal Detecting; "Nuggetshooting" Tips For Beginners!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 6

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! Lots of golden eye-candy Terry, and lots of good ideas for rookies on where to go and who to contact if they truly want to get started right in the nugget shooting game.

Thanks for posting, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Lots of golden eye-candy Terry, and lots of good ideas for rookies on where to go and who to contact if they truly want to get started right in the nugget shooting game.

Thanks for posting, and all the best,

Lanny
Thank you Lanny! That means a lot to me. - T

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think i am going to Take Terry Soloman out west with me and our GPZ 7000's and learn mine LOL
let me know when your ready Terry maybe even Alaska ?

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
As an alaskan resident I was hoping you would share some road accessible areas up here!:laughing7:
Unfortunately the Kenai Peninsula where I live is not nown for nuggets.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an alaskan resident I was hoping you would share some road accessible areas up here!:laughing7:
Vance, why do Ithink of this when you say "Road accessible" during the Alaskan winter?

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Terry, I will never be able to retire to AZ and not sure I want to but I do have family in prescott & a friend in Mesa. I would love to spend time down there detecting, especially up Prescott way. Hard part will be getting pointed the right direction in a limited amount of time. Suggestions?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aside from Lynx Creek, most of the gold bearing land is claimed in and around Prescott. Several clubs operate in the area, so I would search engine clubs near Prescott, and an hour south in Congress (Rich Hill). I am very fortunate to have good friends with claims in the Bradshaw and Weaver mountains, so access has been good for me. Come in the winter, NOT in the summer!

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Aside from Lynx Creek, most of the gold bearing land is claimed in and around Prescott. Several clubs operate in the area, so I would search engine clubs near Prescott, and an hour south in Congress (Rich Hill). I am very fortunate to have good friends with claims in the Bradshaw and Weaver mountains, so access has been good for me. Come in the winter, NOT in the summer!
Thanks Terry. My plan will be to look for clubs in the area, I guess I was wondering if there was a particular one that would stand out for someone there for only a few weeks.
Thanks for all you have shared with many over the years!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PM'd you.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you so much! I've watched a bunch of these this winter. Amazing the power and no visibility when the snow fly's. We've had snow and ice on the ground here for months now Idaho Panhandle, but still..wish one would come our way.
Beautiful areas in Idaho. I stayed at the resort in Coeur d'Alene, and drove up to Bonners Ferry, to visit the Elk Mountain Hop Farm. https://brewpublic.com/beer-education/a-visit-to-elk-mountain-farms-the-worlds-largest-hop-farm/
Had a beer on the Canadian border, went back to the resort an jet-skied around the lake. Just beautiful up there. My brother lives in Boise.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful areas in Idaho. I stayed at the resort in Coeur d'Alene, and drove up to Bonners Ferry, to visit the Elk Mountain Hop Farm. https://brewpublic.com/beer-education/a-visit-to-elk-mountain-farms-the-worlds-largest-hop-farm/
Had a beer on the Canadian border, went back to the resort an jet-skied around the lake. Just beautiful up there. My brother lives in Boise.
Beautiful country indeed, on both sides of the border.

Glad you got to see some of it.

All the best,

Lanny

Last edited:

aufevermike

Apr 1, 2022
Soldotna, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 1 and 2, Toltec II, Munelab equinox 800 and Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vance, I can help you out with that. I live in Soldotna and am a master with the gold bugs, both one and two. Pm me and we can meet up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread