GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the grampa, I expected to see that he died at the end. Is he ok?

I was just looking at my scheduled to record programs for the next week, looks like this weeks episode will be a "the dirt" episode only. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I was just looking at my scheduled to record programs for the next week, looks like this weeks episode will be a "the dirt" episode only. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Yea that doesn't surprise me.
Last week a biography of the old guy show (No Gold)
this week Nothing but reruns :(

They seem to think because it's the hollidays everyone wants to watch reruns

I actually liked the grandpa episode. It was the only non-scripted episode I've seen!

For those on the watch Gold Rush the show returns this Friday with a new episode.

Parker Schnabel totals his truck in a head on collision they (Discovery) claims. The Hoffman crew rock trucks go head to head on a dangerous haul road and Tony Beets finally starts to rebuild his 75 year old gold mining dredge. This is all from Discovery's website.

My DVR will be recording the show so that I can blow through 45 minutes of BS on Saturday morning, sure not going to interrupt Friday Night Poker.

For those on the watch Gold Rush the show returns this Friday with a new episode.

Parker Schnabel totals his truck in a head on collision they (Discovery) claims. The Hoffman crew rock trucks go head to head on a dangerous haul road and Tony Beets finally starts to rebuild his 75 year old gold mining dredge. This is all from Discovery's website.

My DVR will be recording the show so that I can blow through 45 minutes of BS on Saturday morning, sure not going to interrupt Friday Night Poker.

yea I always fast forward through toony.

and though the truck looked totaled
the Parker bit will be blown out of proportion. and maybe even faked.
running around yelling Parker, like they think
the camera crew that was with him during the accident ,
and the guy he had the head-on with, left
him alone lying in a ditch somewhere :tongue3:
there were no AP reports of him being on his death bed, or even in a serious accident.

"The Hoffman crew rock trucks go head to head on a dangerous haul road"
lol copying IRT deadliest roads ? I wonder if they will be speeding the film up to make it look like they are risking their lives too.
that part should at least be fun.
I always like when Todd makes Turin Whine :laughing7:

Last edited:
I liked the Grandpa episode...at least you get to see the core truth of the Schnabel/big nugget aspect of the show......you cant script that history and family connection. You can see the genuine connection between Parker and his Pop Pop....Too bad the production muddies that up in the normal episodes. I doubt when the show started and they were looking for operators to film they new that Parker would be where he is now. I don't mind watching a young guy find his way and pay his own way vs....Todd blow it and just throw money at the problem....regardless of where he gets it....cause we know he isn't getting it from the ground. I do hope if the show continues Parker is totally independent next year......I do wish on all accounts the focus was running a mine and mill in a reasonable smart manner not just huge production amounts at the end of the summer....I've been a Manager for a long while now and I would have to operate on a weekly program as a way of gauging and guiding long term success.....seems like it would head of some of the unforeseen situations that pop up.

I do hope if the show continues Parker is totally independent next year.......

You can bet it will be back, it's one of Discovery's highest rated shows. Opening the 5th season Gold Rush came in second of all Friday night shows on TV. It was only topped by ABC's Shark Tank. As for cable viewers its the most watch show on cable.

Gold Rush

Just as I thought I would see after watching this weeks episode. The DVR was in fast forward through the one hour most of the way. All three mining crew in this week show,

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Just as I thought I would see after watching this weeks episode. The DVR was in fast forward through the one hour most of the way. All three mining crew in this week show,

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Same here I think it took me 15 Minutes Tops. I watched the Gold and
most of Todd's crew antics as they cried
over very little gold again :laughing7:, but that was it

22 ounces.....ouch

Go Tony Deebs. He still gets stuff done with a whiney, sad sack crew."we'll never get it done, wah", "there's 200 bolts, wah" I'm surprised he doesn't send them down the road.

Parker's gonna smash 2,000 ounces this year, good for him. He is definitely growing up.

The Hoffman's....just what the frick does Todd do? I know the haul road idea was Dave Turin's Todd could never come up with something like that.

And do you think Jack Hoffman cleans all the concentrates himself? If he does, I bet he's got his own little jar under the floor.

Anyone want to take a stab at how tonight's show will roll? I will not be watching as I am hosting a very larger poker tournament, but you can bet the DVR will be up and running. We all know that drama will be the main topic, Toad will be Toad in not doing anything but whining, Parker will continue his rush towards the gold, Tony will continue his quest to get the earth mover rebuilt. Freddy Dodge and his crew will not be present as they are the smart ones to stay out of the limelight.

I have to wonder what happen to the land owner of which Toad and crew mine the land, remember Mr Toad cut a 20% percent deal with this man. My best guest is that was drama and he may or may not make a return. Did everyone else noticed that Volvo has taken a huge part in this show supplying all the new gear that seems to pop up throughout the shows? Toad & Dad came with nothing gave up 20% of the recovered gold and has all new equipment. Last week a new $50K Volvo generator was shown on Toads mining site. I bet there is a construction yard full of equipment and the crews can go shopping at will. Anyways should be an interesting 15 minutes of new footage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back