GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so full of crap

They didn't even log twenty hours work in Oregon

https://www.inquisitr.com/4009815/g...ddy-dodge-finding-colorado-mine-was-scripted/

This reality TV at its best... Have you EVER seen a reality show that is not scripted with not much truth? I would not be surprised that Discovery and their DEEP pockets have a vault full of gold that is used weekly to enhance the gold that is recovered. Kinda like the supply yard that's out of camera view that has spare parts that these actors can get their hands on.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's why I no longer trust any of it. If they're gonna flat out lie about the ground they're on. they're gonna lie about whatever they need to. To make the show what they want.

Opposite of reality

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Makes one wonder what the TV show is going to be next season?

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Next year watch:

"FORUM GOLD"

Watch real miners work their computers gossiping about the gold reality TV shows they "never watch".

pcampbell

Feb 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher you do realize it's entertainment right? The show has some scripting most reality shows do. How a producer once explained it for a popular reality show is that they don't manufacture most of the drama but they may "re-enact" bits they missed or weren't there to film. Very rarely do they add storyline, so MOST of the show is genuine or a re-enactment of actual events. MOST of the show is not a "lie" it simply adds a bit drama to keep you interested sometimes.

Do you honestly think Gold Rush would have lasted 8 seasons without added drama? Have you ever watched Gold Fever? Its like watching paint dry after you have seen a bunch of episodes. Tom literally says the SAME THING every single episode. Because he has no more information to share! At least information the layman could understand. And there is nothing else even happening besides him shoveling dirt.

No one is forcing you to watch the show. However a few years ago there were ZERO gold shows to watch so I think it is still awesome that we have shows like Gold Rush that touch on the hobby we all love.

The alternative is no shows about Gold at all. Would you rather have that? Stop being such a grump.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screw Gold Fever for the same reason Tom plants gold.

They absolutely portray the show as following real miners when in fact they are not... other than Tony and some crew members.

They lie about the ground they are even on.

None of that even has to do with the added fake drama.

I watched it until I think season four. Once I started to pick up on the fakery and out right lies that was it.

Honestly what is there to even back up?

I would rather watch good fiction..or many of the much more interesting stuff on you tube.

Yukon Gold was great.. Aussie Gold Hunters is good too.

Just because I point out that the show is up to it's knees in horse crap and share facts about the actual background of the show I'm not a grump.

This is a discussion forum I'm discussing.

Todd not a prospector...Freddy did not "find" the ground they are on..

Parker can't seem to find his own gold even with all his experience.

The new whitewater show is absolute fiction.

There is nothing I can do about any of that. I have the right to chime in.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also this is not a "hobby" for me

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Freddy Dodge is a member of the Dodge Family. Freddy is a professional prospector. He also is part of MSI Mining Equipment and owns BIG RED that Todd has as a wash plant. He is a placer gold miner as well. Freddy Dodge was born in Colorado, 100 miles north of the Fairplay Claim. He has been chasing gold since he was 9 years old.

Freddy is a professional Gold Digger used by the Hoffmans at Porcupine Creek and Mazaruni Claim in Guyana. Fred made cameo appearances for seasons 1 and 2. He started as a regular with Gold Rush: The Jungle and into season 3. In season 4 he's featured in the first half of the season at the QOD Claim. His brother is gold prospector Derek Dodge, who is about a generation older. In season 4, he with Derek came to the Hoffmans with the Carmakx claim in the Yukon, but the Hoffmans went to Guyana. In season 5, he and the Dodge Crew mine the Carmacks claim.

And a large nugget found by Derek Dodge is in the Denver Museum of Nature and Science...the Dodge family is the real deal.

Freddy also runs a large gold processing facility in metro Denver. He buys black sand concentrates from sand and gravel ops around the state. He separates the gold at a commercial scale...30 employees!

The real deal.

At a personal level he’s also a great guy. His normal personality is pretty much what you see on tv so at least THAT part of the show is real lol!

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder what the cost would be to have a brand new bucket line dredge built. Something updated with all the bells and whistles the 21st century could provide? I’m thinking that by the time he gets dredge #2 where he wants it, he could have had a brand new one built.

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what the cost would be to have a brand new bucket line dredge built. Something updated with all the bells and whistles the 21st century could provide? I’m thinking that by the time he gets dredge #2 where he wants it, he could have had a brand new one built.

Me too i would love to know saw a few for sale made in china on youtube..........

RR

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big changes are in store for the long-running unscripted series when it returns Oct. 12. Discovery Channel has renewed its top-rated show, Gold Rush, for a ninth season.

The unscripted series will return Friday, Oct. 12, at 9 p.m. ET/PT with preshow The Dirt also coming back at 8 p.m. that same day. The network says this season will feature "new miners, new rivalries and brand-new claims."

This year, Rick Ness has decided to step it up and become a mine boss with a claim of his own after working six years under fellow miner Parker Schnabel. Rick cashes in his life savings and literally puts everything on the line.

In the off-season, Rick spent most of his time nursing his mother until she died. As a result, he's far behind the others as they race into the mining season. Rick has recruited a crew of his Wisconsin buddies, who leave behind their jobs, families and homes, to take a chance on striking it rich. The stakes are high as Rick tries to prove his dad was wrong when he predicted that Rick will "come home broke with no friends."

Elsewhere, while gold miner and rival Todd Hoffman is out, things haven't gotten any easier for 23-year-old Parker Schnabel, who finds himself in a land war with legendary Klondike miner Tony Beets. Parker's initial plan was to return to Tony's ground — the richest he's ever mined — and deliver more than 6,000 ounces of gold worth $7.2 million.

But things go south when he tries to negotiate a royalty rate and must move to another claim. The plan doesn't sit well for Tony — who could lose millions — and he's determined to teach young Parker a lesson. It's a tough start for Parker, especially without having Rick or longtime girlfriend Ashley by his side.

Todd Hoffman - Gold Rush' Star to Give Away His Gold Through Mobile Game

Meanwhile, legendary Klondike miner Tony Beets has a master plan this year — to get the two ancient dredges mining and turning around some major profit. And he's determined that nobody, especially Parker, will get in his way.

Tony's also looking ahead at his kids' future and is doubling down on everything, including dredges, barges and gold. He's also not afraid of a good challenge and has vowed to match Parker's $7.2 million season goal.

On this season of The Dirt, viewers will be given the opportunity to interact with the miners and get access to behind-the-scenes, cutting-room floor material that never makes it into the show.

Past seasons of Gold Rush are available to binge on Discovery GO, the network's live and on-demand TV Everywhere streaming service, and through TV providers, free for subscribers.

Gold Rush is produced for Discovery by Raw Television, with Dimitri Doganis, James Bates and Mike Gamson as executive producers and Justin Kelly as co-executive producer. For Discovery, Matthew Vafiadis is executive producer and Greg Wolf is coordinating producer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread