What's new

Gold! updated with better photo finally!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
11,353
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We went on the annual outing up to a friend's gold claim with the treasure club we joined recently. I got to learn how to dredge! It was soooo much fun! There were wild fires a ways away but close enough they made the sun red with the smoke in the air so I got a couple of shots of that as well. I obviously suck at taking pictures of the gold we found....any tips would be greatly appreciated. I put a couple of shots in but not happy with either one! :(
 

Attachments

  • DSC01009.webp
    DSC01009.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,132
  • DSC01010.webp
    DSC01010.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • DSC01011.webp
    DSC01011.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,112
Upvote 0
Re: Gold!

Looks like you did pretty good panning...now if you could do that every day! Nice pics , but wheres the strawberry shortcake! :-*
 
Re: Gold!

LOL I forgot to take pictures of the shortcake! Aw well...gonna finish it up tonight...made enough shortcakes for two nights so maybe I will remember tonight! ;)

Yes rtde3, it is a digital camera...a sony cybershot with a 12x zoom...it says DSC-H2 on it too if that helps any...I am just learning to use it so things will get better! lol

RR, thanks so much! I just love your graphics too! :D :D
 
Re: Gold!

Cynangyl said:
Thanks LaDigger....my camera has so many settings I get lost for an hour when I open the menu! lol I will see if I can find a magnifying glass and see if things work any better! If all else fails I might have to go have mom take a picture since she knows how to work all the settings but I would rather figure out how to do it myself in case I want to do it again! lol

If it is digital the macro setting is usually a flower symbol.On most there is also a low light setting that helps get rid of blurring,cant remember which setting it is.
 
Re: Gold!

teverly said:
Cynangyl said:
Thanks LaDigger....my camera has so many settings I get lost for an hour when I open the menu! lol I will see if I can find a magnifying glass and see if things work any better! If all else fails I might have to go have mom take a picture since she knows how to work all the settings but I would rather figure out how to do it myself in case I want to do it again! lol

If it is digital the macro setting is usually a flower symbol.On most there is also a low light setting that helps get rid of blurring,cant remember which setting it is.

thanks so much Teverly! You are right...it is a flower symbol! Mom called last night to tell me....I am going to have to give it a try here pretty quick...mom did say if I could not get it right she would be over later this week on her way to Bend to take one for me! lol
 
Re: Gold!

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Cyn...

That gold deserves a SUPERHIGHFIVE... :o

Way to go...the sun pic is COOL too...

Nick

:D thanks
 
Re: Gold!

Okay I finally got the macro figured out and got a better picture! wooohooo ~happy dance~ Now you can see more than a blurr! lol
 

Attachments

  • DSC01025.webp
    DSC01025.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 499
CONGRATS on the pic, That's Awesome Cyn. The gold is pretty cool too ;)

I would love to learn how to pan and dredge but no one around me has the interest to go with me. We do have a small stream near my house that has gold in it. My cousin's son has panned it before and has gotten a few really small pieces. I think I will go with the MD and see what I can find with it ;D
 
Let us know what you find! :D I wish there was a stream close to my house with gold in it....I would have a hard time getting my housework done tho! ;D
 
Nice Picker's...Big congrat's!!I've been watching the "Gold Fever" show for about 5 yr.'s and have alway's wanted to get into that.The East coast has some pretty good gold up and down the Mid-Atlantic state's and the Carolina's.....Got me going again now!!!Nice Find's..
 
lol yeah...watching gold fever is what got us interested too..then we happened to be in Salem Oregon the day of the gold show.....that was in April and we have not stopped since and we still watch Gold Fever too! :D :D
 
Wow...got a small creek at the back of my property but never heard about a gold strike in Springfield, Tennessee :(
 
guess you will have to travel for it then...may as well be out this way then! :D We gotta make sure Gypsyland is created in gold country someplace! :D That would be the life...live in Gypsyland, dredge for gold during the heat of the day and pan out the concentrates every evening on the front porch! :D :D I gotta dream right!! ;)
 
Ahhhhh, now you have me wanting to go panning for gold again. I LOVE IT!! Only found a few small pieces here in the NC mountains, but it's great fun. Wonderful on the legs, back, and arms too. ::)
Congrats & thanks for the post. It was golden!
-MM-
 
Wow, that's a nice spot of gold. I love Gold, you made my day with that photo.

Thanks for posting.
HH
 
aw thanks guys! You guys are great! So many replies and such patience while I learned to work my camera too! ;D ;D
 
Wow, great photo, now that's cool.
Congrats again. Gold fever....wooowhooo!! ;D

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom