What's new

Golden Silver and Gold N Silver (Great Day)

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

Took a little road trip and also picked up my normal boxes for the week and did pretty good in the silver Category with 3 90%ers (2) 1964 and (1) 1951 Ben also 21 40%ers, (1987d) for a total of 25 keepers. I did some dropping off of my dumps during the outing and found some really cool reject finds. Yup, gold ring # 4 for me this year. It is a 14k wedding band with diamond accents. My wife was very pleased with my finds to say the least. I looked for any engravings or identifying initials but nothing. I would never have found it but the lady who was changing out the bags took the reject bin and emptied it right in front of me and then walked off. I saw the glimmer of gold and was like a fly on fresh dung. Also included in the rejects was a gold mount for a pendent, a wierd angel thing that looks like pewter. It has V + K stamped on the back, I don't think it is silver. I also found a Brazilian 50 Centavo from 2003 and a Canadian Centenial Cent that is dated 1867-1967 which is a first for me. I also found to English Pounds and a handfull of pocket change (not pictured). All in all a great day with Silver and Gold for Golden Silver. Happy Hunting.

Golden Silver
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    18 KB · Views: 590
  • coin1.webp
    coin1.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 525
  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 543
  • coin3.webp
    coin3.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 781
  • coin4.webp
    coin4.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 595
  • coin5.webp
    coin5.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 580
  • coin6.webp
    coin6.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 535
  • coin7.webp
    coin7.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 538
  • coin8.webp
    coin8.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

What a day !! That ring is a fantstic find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The coin machines I use have an internal reject bin. I'm going to start looking myself.

Rich
 
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

Hey Rich, Yeah give it a try. You know one thing I have not tried to any large extent is seeing if the tellers could hook me up with the rejects on the regular basis. I might have to buy some chocolates and see if I can sweet talk a few of them. I have made quite a few gold finds from rejects, several sterling finds and a few silver coin finds...oh and wheats and foreigns.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

You're doing a lot better on the rings than most MDr's.
Congrats!!
 
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

I know Tex...every time I think of going back to detecting I remind myself of that. I have already passed the amount of rings I found metal detecting. Thanks for the reply.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

Great find! :icon_thumleft:

Finding cool stuff in the reject tray is always fun. 2 weeks ago I pulled out what looks to be a 1carat round cut diamond in a white gold setting. I'm anxious about having it appraised and might do so this weekend. I see an imperfection in the cuo chances are that I might have hit a small jackpot. Will report the results with pics.
 
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

Please do Scooba. I am waiting on my first big reject diamond find. In the interam you can go to any jewelry store and they will tell you if you have a real diamond or not.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Golden Silver and Gold N' Silver (Great Day)

some good silver and some gold too....thats a great day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom