21.3 KB · Views: 888

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure looks like a tuning knob off a stand up base or some other stringed instument.

HH
Steve

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

thepoolguy

Jan 17, 2008
yes jim hole goes all the way through but is threaded at the big end so as to take a handle i presume

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

thepoolguy

Jan 17, 2008
jim looks like maybe something to snuff candles or something...its the right size and if it had a 3 foot handle or so it would be the right angle to set on top of a candle to snuff it. but...why apply for a patent for that?

Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
maybe a wick went through the hole...

Why do you think it might be church related?
Curved side appear to have heat on it? Then a candle lighter of some sort once on a handle....

:icon_scratch:
dg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

thepoolguy

Jan 17, 2008
dg handle portion is same level of tarnish as the inside curve is so i dont really think it was heat. bottom appears to be less tarnished due to some wear and rubbing.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Maybe a watering device that might thread onto a hose? The end piece might fan the water out for some particular application? What size are the threads?

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
NHbenz said:
Maybe a watering device that might thread onto a hose? The end piece might fan the water out for some particular application? What size are the threads?

Now that you say that Ben - it kinda resembles the piece on a water fountain where the later comes out, and has that blade type thing there... you know whatI mean?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NHbenz said:
I agree. I think you got it Ben.. Check the threads.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

thepoolguy

Jan 17, 2008
well yes...the end is threaded but not with hose threads and is only about 3/8" big. i googled hose sprayers and did not find one like it. and i dont think it was a drool gaurd from a drinking fountain either as its bronze and would not put the stream of water out without hitting the gaurd. with it having a patten i would think it performed some type of task. the bottom does appear to be scuffed up some as though it was used on some type of hard surface ie floor. hmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• what is this 019.jpg
    what is this 019.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 753
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

thepoolguy

Jan 17, 2008
well all great guesses and much appreciated....BUT...doesnt have small turned up sides to direct flame...and why patten a lamp snuffer? thats like pattening a dinner plate. a sprinkling system water spreader might be it as it seems to have standard pipe threads to attach to but only an 1/8' hole for water near the spreader area. it seems free of wear on the inside radius of the curved piece but a good amount of wear on the bottom. hope this helps

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread