What's new

Good Day with Shaun7...UPDATED - Cleaned Button - Further update!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,310
Reaction score
48,565
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaun & I returned to the Papal Bulla Field to finish it off. Which we did (except 20% of the low unproductive land) in about 5.5 hours. Dad joined us for 3 hours & by the end of the day (7 hours), we had totalled 10 man hours. (not including Shaun7 who will post his 7 hours worth soon)

Things didn't get interesting until we decided to do a bit of coin shooting in the small field next to the car, it has a footpath across it leading to an old ferry river crossing.

Dad got an outstanding 1697 Shilling almost off the bat, then a lovely 'Love Token' type coin with RMS Arzila:
Royal Mail Steam Packet Company brought her in 1908:
http://www.searlecanada.org/sunderland/images/arzila2.jpg
See post card above of the Ship. If this one could talk, I think it must be from a crew member to their loved one?

2 Roman Coins (1 pictured in mud)
2 Late Medieval Buckles
Lead Token (maybe Boy Bishop which would be my first)

Plus I found what has to be my best conditioned Pewter button ever :o
43rd Regiment of Foot - late 18th Century :headbang:
Involved in the Rev War where they were captured at Yorktown in 1781.
 

Attachments

  • a.webp
    a.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 626
  • b.webp
    b.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 621
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 607
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 615
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 595
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 598
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    83.4 KB · Views: 600
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 595
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 596
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 593
Upvote 0
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

Is that part of a stirrup mount in with the buckles :icon_scratch:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

:headbang:

Yep that shillings a cracker....not a bad day all :icon_thumleft: now I wonder how the Cartwheel Kid did :dontknow: :laughing9:

SS
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

shaun7 said:
Is that part of a stirrup mount in with the buckles :icon_scratch:

no just a buckle piece I think
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

Silver Searcher said:
:headbang:

Yep that shillings a cracker....not a bad day all :icon_thumleft: now I wonder how the Cartwheel Kid did :dontknow: :laughing9:

SS



Still cartwheeless :-\
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

That love token is amazing... don't think ive ever seen one quite like it.. congrats to crudad
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

man you two from over there nail it dont you..and dad of course...well done what craker finds..love the old button... :hello2: :hello2:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

Super button and condition too! :tongue3: To me that makes the banner but you know...

One of the nicer love tokens I've seen too! That was a great day you had! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

Iron Patch said:
Super button and condition too! :tongue3: To me that makes the banner but you know...

One of the nicer love tokens I've seen too! That was a great day you had! :thumbsup:

When I ran over to Shaun to show him the button (yes I was excited), he said you would like it :laughing7:

It's so nice its the first button I'm afraid to clean, I have left it as is. I have never seen them come out so good from a once ploughed field.
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

:laughing9:

What the Hells that top of third picture :o I can't believe you carried that home :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

SS
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

Silver Searcher said:
:laughing9:

What the Hells that top of third picture :o I can't believe you carried that home :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

SS

Dad did, but I pictured it as I don't have a clue what its for :dontknow:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Super button and condition too! :tongue3: To me that makes the banner but you know...

One of the nicer love tokens I've seen too! That was a great day you had! :thumbsup:

When I ran over to Shaun to show him the button (yes I was excited), he said you would like it :laughing7:

It's so nice its the first button I'm afraid to clean, I have left it as is. I have never seen them come out so good from a once ploughed field.


Soap & water with a little brusing to get the dirt out and it will be perfect! It wouldn't be any 43rd that would fire me up... that's a good one because it's early! The later ones are pretty common by comparison.

I never get the early ones nice like that and I have found many.
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

Yep that is one nice shilling, don't often come up like that :icon_thumright:
Robert.
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...

robfinds said:
Yep that is one nice shilling, don't often come up like that :icon_thumright:
Robert.

Cheers, it better than the one I brought for the collection, so this will replace it.
I find these much rarer than hammered. I had 1 1697 Shilling, Bristol Mint last year, but over 80 hammered.
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...UPDATED - Cleaned Button

Good hunting Crusaser. I like the silver coin, and button .... congrats! :headbang:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...UPDATED - Cleaned Button

Cleaned the button & tried another shot of the 'ship' coin :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 491
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...UPDATED - Cleaned Button

I think your dad beat the pair of us today :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...UPDATED - Cleaned Button

shaun7 said:
I think your dad beat the pair of us today :icon_thumleft:

Its a close call, I will never get another early Military in that condition again, although I will likely get a Shilling some time. But the Arzila is a close second, so as he got both, I somewhat agree ;D

Yours is the first Gothic Florin I have seen dug but its lacking condition compare to the 1697, The buckle & pin is up there in the ranking as well.

We basically all came away pretty good, its just Dad took half the time :laughing7:
 
Re: Good Day with Shaun7...UPDATED - Cleaned Button

Nice job. Could the unidentified object that Crudad brought home be one side of a hand grinder stand? We used to have a small cast iron grinder that was supported by something like that. It looks like it has two feet.

Just a guess.

As usual, your daily "rubbish" is nicer than anything I have found, not to mention all of your keepers. So I am back to the research. My goal is to find one item this year that gets a nod from across the pond.

-Fathead
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom