What's new

Good Hunt Today

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I looked for 4 hours this afternoon in two fields and found these.

The first two were found in a field that will be planted in watermelons. It has had no rain on it but they had irrigated it.

I really like this one.





These came from the field that I looked Friday and have looked it many times since it was harrowed in January.







 
Upvote 0
They are all nice finds but, I really like the point in the next to last picture.
 
I love arrow heads chipped from Chert . I have some red and variegated Chert heads. When I was a kid in Northern California I found obsidian and Chert arrow heads. My dad told me about the coastal Miwok Indians would trade with inland natives Chert for Volcanic Obsidian. OH and what state did you find them. Awesome by the way. Quinn
 
very nice pieces Americus. The colors of those are beautiful, but I really like the blue color on that first one. It would be my favorite too.
 
Beauties
I just love that sw. Georgia patina
Is that second one thin and flat?
It looks Cowhouse ish
 
I love arrow heads chipped from Chert . I have some red and variegated Chert heads. When I was a kid in Northern California I found obsidian and Chert arrow heads. My dad told me about the coastal Miwok Indians would trade with inland natives Chert for Volcanic Obsidian. OH and what state did you find them. Awesome by the way. Quinn

They were found in southwest Georgia.
 
The material reminds me of bay bottom chert the outline of the point resembles a Cowhouse slough to me... They are often found made from that material
 
Nice finds Americus. It was a great day by the looks of those finds!!!..................................
 
Nice finds as usual! Thanks for showing.
 
You have a great area to hunt in Americus. Its not the same here you are lucky if you find 1 good point per hunt. Those are all nice ones
 
Last edited:
Dang! Niiiiice finds ;) you had a great hunt;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom