What's new

Good luck coin? Perhaps Silver?

ryclo

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I found this at a park today, any ideas what it is? It has some marks stamped into the back, but I cant read them...
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    63.5 KB · Views: 295
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    62.7 KB · Views: 283
Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.

Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert :dontknow:.
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Iron Patch said:
Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.

Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert :dontknow:.


Yeah I can't picture a medallion but wouldn't surprise me. Gotta be something along that line anyway.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
hammered said:
Iron Patch said:
Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.

Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert :dontknow:.


Yeah I can't picture a medallion but wouldn't surprise me. Gotta be something along that line anyway.

Sort of along the lines of an intaglio?
 
Upvote 0
Didn't someone post one just like this recently? I think they called it a blessing stone or something like that. Nice find!

vicki
 
Upvote 0
hammered said:
Iron Patch said:
hammered said:
Iron Patch said:
Thinking maybe the front of a ring. Don't think it's a coin and see nothing to indicate it was a medal.

Yeah, I was thinking that or a small medallion insert :dontknow:.


Yeah I can't picture a medallion but wouldn't surprise me. Gotta be something along that line anyway.

Sort of along the lines of an intaglio?


Yeah it makes sense, and now that I think about it, a few years back I bought a small lot of medallions and think there was one or two that were similar. I'd say that's probably it.
 
Upvote 0
vic910 said:
Didn't someone post one just like this recently? I think they called it a blessing stone or something like that. Nice find!

vicki


That could very well be the case too. Made and lost that way! Being marked on the reverse would be in favor of that.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom