What's new

Got $100 in Halves, no silver, but 9 newer shiny ones, what grade are they ?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
842
Reaction score
353
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody, I just started coin roll searching, I enjoy metal detecting, but this roll hunting is fun. I bought 10 rolls of halves at bank Monday. I got skunked except for the 9 in the picture, I hope the picture does them justice. They are near mint looking, I always see people posting they find proofs, I am not sure if they are that good. I looked on E-Bay it seems like the newer ones don't sell so well. I was just wondering if everyone keeps ones like these, or just dumps them back at the bank. I have been selling 67 and 68 halves on E-bay, I would like to sell these, I may put them on to see what happens. Thanks, David..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8752.webp
    IMG_8752.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0
It's up to you Dave, I don't keep any clad, except for the proofs and the ones that it took to fill one Kennedy folder. ffd
 
Those are not proof coins But any Halves minted after 2001 are NIFC. (Not Intentended For Circulation)

Proof coins are Minted in San Francisco or have a S mint mark. Even if those were proofs they would be considered impaired proofs and based on talk on this forum you'd be lucky to get $1 for impaired proofs.

The NIFC. might be worth holding on to for 100 years, then you might have something due to the lower mintage but even then 2.5 to 5 million is not really rare.

Mojo
 
Personally, I would just throw all the non-NIFC's back into the wild. Just my two cents though.
 
Spending cash or clad as it is- they worth nothing but face value!
 
besides searching for silver, i also collect coins, foreigns, and tokens. i'm trying to put together 1 roll of each year and the rest are going back.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom