What's new

Got 160 in dimes and learned something new

gtfan76

Full Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Well today i went to a bank that usaully never produces well and asked for dimes as she was getting them i saw what i think is a 40% siler and 90% silvers halves in her tray. I act casual and ask for the halves also. Well while she was getting them she grabs the 2 silver and puts them next to the tray, and hands me the clad. This was when i got a little mad, she knew i only wanted the silver but she kept it anyway. Now i know why you should be quiet and never tell tellers about looking for silver.

The dimes were a skunk :BangHead: :angry4: :BangHead: :angry4: :BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
Your the [mod]removed. not necessary[/mod] CUSTOMER!!!

Frak their games.
 
Its ok to ask for the manager to ask if the bank allows tellers to collect coins while the customer is waiting. Its also ok to open an account and make it a dump bank.
 
WormtownFJR said:
Your the [mod]removed. not necessary[/mod] CUSTOMER!!!

Frak their games.
Wormy, I resemble that remark. Ever had a tug-o-war with a teller over a Franklin half?
 
Please refrain from the use of profanity. There are kids that read this forum.
This subject comes up again and again. If you don't like what they do then don't go to that bank. Raising cain about it will just make things bad for all of us. It's not like there aren't any banks around to go to. Besides, if you were a bank teller you would do the same thing. ::)
HH
enamel7
 
most tellers can not remove or swap out any cash in their draws till the close of the bussiness day when they must "tally out" or balance their drawers (this is to prevent theft) * be the coins in the tray silver or not -- so ask for any silver coins you might see this way - I want ALL THE HALVES (or whatever type silver coins you see there) IN THE DRAWER .

that is a "direct request" for a "exact service"-- getting change from the "banks money" in the tray --so long as its in the drawer -- its the banks funds --not theirs !! * --to refuse to do --- is refusing to "service" your "request" , which is the tellers "job"
 
ivan salis said:
most tellers can not remove or swap out any cash in their draws till the close of the bussiness day when they must "tally out" or balance their drawers (this is to prevent theft) * be the coins in the tray silver or not -- so ask for any silver coins you might see this way - I want ALL THE HALVES (or whatever type silver coins you see there) IN THE DRAWER .

that is a "direct request" for a "exact service"-- getting change from the "banks money" in the tray --so long as its in the drawer -- its the banks funds --not theirs !! * --to refuse to do --- is refusing to "service" your "request" , which is the tellers "job"
Unless you don't have an account at the bank.
 
enamel7 said:
ivan salis said:
most tellers can not remove or swap out any cash in their draws till the close of the bussiness day when they must "tally out" or balance their drawers (this is to prevent theft) * be the coins in the tray silver or not -- so ask for any silver coins you might see this way - I want ALL THE HALVES (or whatever type silver coins you see there) IN THE DRAWER .

that is a "direct request" for a "exact service"-- getting change from the "banks money" in the tray --so long as its in the drawer -- its the banks funds --not theirs !! * --to refuse to do --- is refusing to "service" your "request" , which is the tellers "job"
Unless you don't have an account at the bank.

We are talking about a bank that you are a customer at. Obviously, you have less leverage at one you do not.
 
fistfulladirt said:
WormtownFJR said:
It happened to me once. And I was too shocked to do anything. Next time it happens to me. It will be a close cal as to whether I'm talking to the bank manager or the police.
You have got to be kidding.

Figured that out. Can't fool anyone these days.
 
WormtownFJR said:
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
blurr said:
They don't legally have to give you what you ask for. It's a piece of silver, not your life's blood. If you feel you can't make it through the day without it, there's a serious problem there. I know. I've been there!
They dont legally have to give you what they ask for? What is there job then? Its not a piece of silver, Its a coin, and it what the banks are set up to do, which is deposit and distrubute currency. I wouldnt lose any sleep over it. But if i where there and saw a few in the tray and they put them aside..i would be asking what the deal is

It doesn't seem fair, but the truth is that banks aren't the library or the park. They are a little more private than that. They legally are not obligated to give you any specific piece of currency or coin you ask for, just the amount you request.

John

I guess youre right...it just irks me..Guess its just part of the Game :laughing9: :laughing9:
[/quote]

BACK UP THE TRUCK...
I thought about this a bit.
There are two things that should concern management. Legality isn't one of them.One, tellers swapping their coins (yes they are replacing them with equal value, but that is immaterial) when they are supposed to be doing their JOB. Two, to do that in front of a customer is rude and unprofessional. If they were my tellers and on the clock I want them to be thinking about thier jobs and how best to please my customers.
First thing to do is ask to talk to the head teller, if no resolution then go to the manager. If you really want to sweat the tellers ask to talk to the manager in their office ask how to contact the district manager. Frankly, I would go as far up until someone agreed with me (CEO, owner whatever). If the bank allows tellers to pick from their trays fine, but I really doubt they would allow a teller to do that in front of a customer once you explain to them.

Really folks, this is piss poor customer service. If tellers want the silver they can swap it when there are no customers present. There is NO excuse to do this in front of a customer period. I can't wait for it to happen to me again. I have no reservations about getting that person fired. It is no longer about the silver. The teller just spit in your face. This isn't an exact analogy but, lets say you go onto a store with the goods in a counter and you ask to look at the one thing you really like. The counter help pulls the item out and says it isn't available.

Glenn
[/quote]
Thank you Glenn..Im glad you sorta feel the way i do...I dont think they can do that..It would be like buying Concert Tickets and having the person tell you " I cant give you five, but i can sell you 3 and them taking the other 2 tickets. IM sure alot of you out there feel different, and i read the post of the ones that do. Im not losing any sleep over it..But if i went to MY bank to specifically to get coinage..And they denied me to my face as they pocekted the coin. I would Mos Def, be asking to talk to someone..Im sure alot of you are easier going guys...But when it comes to Me and Money..Im not :laughing9:
 
Besides, if you were a bank teller you would do the same thing.
sorry, i don't think so. if it was me they would be in a drawer or under the tray so noone else can see them and at the end of the shift i would swap them out to balance the till. if they're in the tray then they should be fair game.i still don't understand why alot of tellers do this and none i asked could give me a sound reason. i've even seen some that leave them there day after day and won't pull them out until someone asks for them then they pull them in front of you. so much for common courtesy.
more and more everyday i find reason to really hate people.
 
mistergee said:
Besides, if you were a bank teller you would do the same thing.
i've even seen some that leave them there day after day and won't pull them out until someone asks for them then they pull them in front of you. so much for common courtesy.
more and more everyday i find reason to really hate people.

I used to buy boxes from a bank where I was not a customer, and there was one teller there who had a silver dime in his till one day. I asked to buy it and he said "no, I am keeping that one". I said OK.

Next time I was there a couple of weeks later that same dime was in the till. I asked him if he found another one, he said "no, same one". I asked why he left it in there and he said "I like when people ask me about it". I didn't know what to say so I said nothing. Since the bank was very cool about getting me boxes I wasn't going to raise a fuss over a single dime. But I thought it was really wrong for the teller to tease people with his stupid silver dime.

Jim
 
some teller folks as per their banks "rules" are not allowed to "hide" money under the drawer or remove money from the tray until they "close out" their drawer at days end.* in those cases whats in the till is "in play"--till the end of the day --as its the banks "money" --they are just held accountible for keeping the in and out count of the "banks money" correct. -- so get this straight with them. --- its not "their money"

--however those that just let knowingly let silver coins sit there day after dayuntil "requested" and only then "snap" them up --are just A holes that enjoy playing "head games" with folks -- those folks need to be "reported" to management for "jerking" customers around and called on the carpet.
 
mistergee said:
i'm with you Ivan :thumbsup:

I Agree. But netter yet, why not just spit in my face when I walk up to you and say hello?

Maybe I'm just too damned sensitive. But I dunno. I've worked in jobs where you dealt with customers and I would have been fired if I ever treated people like that. Not that I ever would even if they weren't customers. Does anyone here treat people like that? I doubt it.

Doing junk like that should get you fired. Not just cause your a bad employee, but a sad excuse for a human. People should be called on their behaviors. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and improve.

I would like to repeat this because we all get wrapped up in the hunt for the precious. It is not about the silver. It's about professionalism and customer service.

/rantoff
 
Unfortunately, I don't see customer service improving in the banking industry anytime soon...

John
 
I think several of us, at least during the initial stage of CRHing, did the same thing. Not all, but if I was a betting woman, and I am . . .

Hand raised. I am guilty. But, now I am a bit quiet about my coin activities.

Smile. :laughing7:

apush :read2:
 
gtfan76 said:
Well today i went to a bank that usaully never produces well and asked for dimes as she was getting them i saw what i think is a 40% siler and 90% silvers halves in her tray. I act casual and ask for the halves also. Well while she was getting them she grabs the 2 silver and puts them next to the tray, and hands me the clad. This was when i got a little mad, she knew i only wanted the silver but she kept it anyway. Now i know why you should be quiet and never tell tellers about looking for silver.

The dimes were a skunk :BangHead: :angry4: :BangHead: :angry4: :BangHead:

Actually we dont want to teach the tellers about silver. If you have an account at that bank feel free to complain to the manager to find out if they are allowed to go through the coins while waiting on a customer. I used to keep my mouth shut but the last time it happened to me i VERY politely mentioned to the teller that now was not the time for her to go through the coins which she agreed and gave them to me. At the very least you can make it a dump bank.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom