What's new

Got $500 in halves today

Hendrix

Full Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
261
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't coin roll hunt much but today the lady at the bank told me they had a lot of halves coming in. I told her to give me what she had which was a plastic bag of 1,000.

I was suprised by how dirty the bag of halves were.

I found:

A pendent that says "sexy".
A "B-17" crushed penny thing.
2 IDX tokens
1 10 pence
1 Un Peso
1 500 Peso
1 scripture token
2 10 pesos
1 2 rupee
1 carousel ride token
1 1913 George V one penny
1 1963 Franklin half
2 1969 Kennedy halves
1 1968 Kennedy half
5 1967 Kennedy halves
2 1964 Kennedy halves
5 $1 modern "gold" colored dollars
A bunch of pennies, nickles, and quarters.

All in all, I was short $5.52 in face value on the bag. However, I'm happy with the silver finds and the 1913 British Penny!

Are bags normally like this???
 
Upvote 0
Just depends. Bags that I have done tend to have a lot of junk in them and not enough silver. Just depends if you are on a machine where another CRH'er is dumping.

I dumped today at a CU i belong to and filled up the halves. The lady came out to empty it and said that this was the first time it had filled up in 1 1/2 years. I tried to get an eye on the bottom for silvers which I am sure were in there but they sealed it up and took it off to the back before I could get a good look. I know about 800-900 was from my dumping. I had previously asked about buying bags which they wouldnt budge on.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Just depends. Bags that I have done tend to have a lot of junk in them and not enough silver. Just depends if you are on a machine where another CRH'er is dumping.

I dumped today at a CU i belong to and filled up the halves. The lady came out to empty it and said that this was the first time it had filled up in 1 1/2 years. I tried to get an eye on the bottom for silvers which I am sure were in there but they sealed it up and took it off to the back before I could get a good look. I know about 800-900 was from my dumping. I had previously asked about buying bags which they wouldnt budge on.
Something like that happened to me when I first dumped at my CU. I was new and I didn't even enqurire about buying the bag. Head teller told me a year later that an old man had filled half the bag with his collection. OUCH.
 
Down 5.50 for foreign currency is a lot. Not often do you get that. Usually 1 or 2 per 500 is considered rare. I wouldnt say this is normal.

Its possible to get a foreign currency and maybe a quarter in 50 half rolls. So you can lose a dollar.
 
Last week I got a dime in place of a half in a CWI roll. Another roll was only 18 coins. Altogether it was $3.40 short. And no silver either.
 
I would love to pick up one of those British Pennies. They are very cool looking.
 
I'm hoping for one of those British pennies too. Hey, you got some good stuff (didn't skunk).

OWS :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom