What's new

Got a DREAMY box (with pics)

skelly9131

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Went to pick up the first of a regular 2 box a week order today during lunch. Got through the first box in my car and it contained 1 40% and 1 Walker. Not bad at all, but I wasn't expecting anything major from box #2. So, I just opened it up to see if there were any enders and immediately saw a few Walkers and Bens staring back at me. I immediately realized I would be taking an executive lunch today :). I went through first to find all the enders and came up with 8. One of the rolls contained Walkers on both ends. This roll turned out to be the best one with 8 keepers. Here's the final tally for that box:

22 - Walkers
22 - Bens
1 - 1964
40 - 40%

I'm still pinching myself and glad that all the persistence finally paid off. Not sure if this is someone's recent cash in, or I've made it down to some older boxes. Good news is that I have 2 more boxes coming in on Monday from the same bank, so hopefully there's more to come.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00056-20100430-1219.webp
    IMG00056-20100430-1219.webp
    36 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG00059-20100430-1237.webp
    IMG00059-20100430-1237.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG00057-20100430-1231.webp
    IMG00057-20100430-1231.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG00058-20100430-1235.webp
    IMG00058-20100430-1235.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG00061-20100430-1240.webp
    IMG00061-20100430-1240.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
Great going. Don't forget some Walkers have low production numbers. I got some halves with that same wrapper two weeks ago and I didn't notice any name or manufacturer on them. :thumbsup:
 
The wrapper in the Pic looks like a dull Gold color, have seen them somewhere B4 but can't remember, noe of my Banks (Guarda, Brinks, and CWI which is a yellow roller) use that type roller paper.

Correct, they are a gold/brownish color.
 
Congrats and thanks for the pics. Any better dates on the bens or walkers?

No good dates on the Walkers. Did get a 52s and 53s out of the Bens. The 53s is the one really dark colored one that was an ender. Both are in very circulated condition without full bell lines.

I'm not really up to snuff on the grading end of coin collecting, but I wouldn't think any of this lot are in great shape. Most of the Walkers have readable dates, but a few are almost totally gone.
 
Fantastic Box... Dreamy indeed. Thanks for the photo's. Almost forgotten what a walker looks like!

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom