What's new

Got a DREAMY box (with pics)

skelly9131

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Went to pick up the first of a regular 2 box a week order today during lunch. Got through the first box in my car and it contained 1 40% and 1 Walker. Not bad at all, but I wasn't expecting anything major from box #2. So, I just opened it up to see if there were any enders and immediately saw a few Walkers and Bens staring back at me. I immediately realized I would be taking an executive lunch today :). I went through first to find all the enders and came up with 8. One of the rolls contained Walkers on both ends. This roll turned out to be the best one with 8 keepers. Here's the final tally for that box:

22 - Walkers
22 - Bens
1 - 1964
40 - 40%

I'm still pinching myself and glad that all the persistence finally paid off. Not sure if this is someone's recent cash in, or I've made it down to some older boxes. Good news is that I have 2 more boxes coming in on Monday from the same bank, so hopefully there's more to come.
 

Attachments

  • IMG00056-20100430-1219.webp
    IMG00056-20100430-1219.webp
    36 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG00059-20100430-1237.webp
    IMG00059-20100430-1237.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG00057-20100430-1231.webp
    IMG00057-20100430-1231.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG00058-20100430-1235.webp
    IMG00058-20100430-1235.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG00061-20100430-1240.webp
    IMG00061-20100430-1240.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0
That is one purty picture. Nice haul! :icon_thumleft:
 
More Bens and Walkers than 40's? Wow....
That '64 with the mint frost is pretty special - looks like that's the rim on the far left of the open roll shot 2.
 
More Bens and Walkers than 40's? Wow....
That '64 with the mint frost is pretty special - looks like that's the rim on the far left of the open roll shot 2.

Yeah, it's strange that there was only 1 64 and less 40%'ers that 90%'ers. I had a box a couple of weeks ago I posted about that had 1 Walker, 6 Bens and 0 64's :dontknow:.

Honestly, I don't remember if the 64 was the ender in the picture. I was too busy drooling over all those Walkers and Bens than to pay attention to that.
 
Good score- what kinda Box was it?

Not sure who the supplier is, but it was one of those double stacked boxes with 25 rolls on top of another 25 rolls.
 
Love those walkers! Like your Honda CR-V too.
 
I'd call that a dream box. What a haul ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Great pics too.
HH
Rich
 
very nice!

the writing on the wrappers look like orange?
 
Congrats and thanks for the pics. :icon_thumright: Any better dates on the bens or walkers?
 
d2arcing said:
very nice!

the writing on the wrappers look like orange?
The wrapper in the Pic looks like a dull Gold color, have seen them somewhere B4 but can't remember, noe of my Banks (Guarda, Brinks, and CWI which is a yellow roller) use that type roller paper.
 
Great little haul there! I sure do love those Walking Ladies too, nice mix of old and newer silver. Congrats! ffd
 
Hey Skelly, nice box! Just wondering, where are you? I'm in the Bay Area (california) and I get the same kind of boxes. Last week I did my 2nd box of halves ever and in one of those boxes I landed my first walker (1920)!
 
wow.congrats. those look like rolls out of a gardia box. i used to get those kind of boxes from one of my supply banks, then they changed to brinks when the bank went belly up and was bought out by bb&t.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom